No one has posted since Saturday???

tiffyb
on 11/13/07 4:59 am - Orange, CA
I think that is longest time we have gone without a post.. So I thought I would post and wish you all happy days!!! Always think about you guys.. Everything is going good for me.. Still sitting at the same weight for months now.. Now I am paranoid that I might gain.. So I still weigh myself every morning.. My family is so on me every time we are together about what I am eating. It was like that when I was fat too.. Before it was all.. "You are so unhealthy, we are just trying to help.. Please do something about your weight.. We want you around in the years to come.." Now, it is.. "Are you going to eat that?.. Should you eat that??? We are just trying to help.. We dont want you to gain the weight back after you went through all that.." So geeezzeeeee.. I just cant win... But whatever... I am over it.. I am sure you guys are going through the same and wanted to share youre not alone.. Anyways.. Hope all is well with each of you!!! Love always... Tiff
E velyn
on 11/13/07 7:32 am
Tiff, I was surprised to see the silence on this board too! I know that Tabby has a tummy tuck, so I am anxiously waiting to see a post from her. I understand what you are going through with your family. Sometimes you just can't win. Glad that everything else is going well for you. I had a fun visit with my surgeon last week. I had a 13-month checkup instead of a 12-month -- for a variety of reasons. When he walked in he said, "WOW, you look great!" Very good for the ego. I continue to lose very very slowly. If it stopped today, I would still be very pleased with 111 pounds gone!!
E velyn
on 11/13/07 7:37 am
Also, Aime's is awaiting the early birth of her grandchild -- so she's in our thoughts and understandably not on the boards right now. Keeping her and her family in my prayers.
Melissa W.
on 11/13/07 7:39 am - Hackettstown, NJ
LOL you are to cute...It is all I can do to not gain these days. I am not worried about it though but I in a diff situation LOL I just popped over here from the post op preggo board to read and read about Tabbys surgery yesterday. I am now hoping that we hear from her soon that everything is OK. I am glad you are doing so great. I am not on this board much anymore if I am on the puter much at all these days. We will have to check on Tabby now. I am really wondering how she is. Time will tell, Melissa
Patricia S.
on 11/13/07 10:48 pm - Glen Mills, PA
Wow, it has been a long "silence" between posts. I join the group that has been checking in waiting for Tabby to post her post PS update. I hope all is well. I too get the "are you eating THAT?" questions from my family. In my case I'm pleased about it though. At first, right after surgery they would comment about the fact that I couldn't eat such and such and had to stick to such a bland (in their opinion) boring diet. They used this as a good excuse as to why someone should NOT go through WLS. Now that I am thinner, healthier and free from the torment of constant dieting. I make GOOD choices...but still eat normal foods just in smaller quanities and emphasis on the proteints etc. They now see that my life is not a contant one of restriction and they now see that there is a positive outcome to my sugery. Has the scale moved for me lately? No not really. However, I am still dropping sizes, so something is changing. If I stopped losing today, would I be happy? You BET! The focus remains on following the lifestyle and making good choices. If the scale continues to move (I have about 20lbs to go to meet my goal)...25 to go to make "normal" on the BMI index. I've not been posting much lately as things have picked up at work, and at home life is hectic. Our house is on the market and we had open houses the first 1/2 of this week. We have showings scheduled every day for the remainder of the week. This means my hours at home are spent cooking etc. and then working to erase any trace that any form of living went on in the home. Dust busting / scouring / decenting...lint brushing (we have a dog) etc. I know the housing market is slow (for the seller) right now, but I am praying this phase is over with soon as I don't know how long I can keep the clutter free, immaculate living lifestyle going. You flyladies would be proud, my sink has never sparkled this much.
hollywatson
on 11/14/07 12:29 am - Oil City, PA
Hi Tiff!! I think we are all out enjoying our new lives!! I understand about the comments your family is making, mine does the same thing! Like I don't know what I can and cannot eat!!!! Hope you are doing well!! They are calling for snow this weekend here in NW PA......but they are also saying we are going to have a mild winter!! Hugs, Holly
mom2sali
on 11/15/07 5:53 am - London, Canada
Hi Tiff I know what you mean about being scutinized about your food intake. First it was "you are eating too much" and now I keep hearing how I need to eat something. I am still losing. I am not trying to still lose but my body doesn't seem to be done yet. I have lost 146 pounds. My doc say he won't refer me to plastics until I stabilize. I keep hoping that will start to happen soon. I am still losing about a pound a week. The doctor figures that my body is just not done losing. I chart what I eat and I have showed it to him. So to all those people who keep telling me that it is time to stop losing I proudly say "whatever" LOL Nice to see you here! Take care Tara
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still check in?
E velyn · 0 replies · 232 views
Five Years Already!!
Judy G. · 2 replies · 1230 views
Happy 5 year Surgiversary!!
hollywatson · 1 replies · 982 views
5 years out and now 168 lbs.
Staci G. · 1 replies · 951 views
Anyone checking in?
Tri_harder · 2 replies · 1100 views