Not complaining but just wondering...

mom2sali
on 11/29/07 8:16 am - London, Canada
Does the weight loss stop? LOL I am still losing about a pound every week or two. I am eating more than ever but I am still eating very healthy. Not much crappy foods. Have all of you reached and end point or are you still losing? I have lost 149 pounds and I am very happy where I am now. I am not sure if I really want to lose any more. Tara
Tabby C.
on 11/29/07 10:28 am - West Alexander, PA
I've been maintaining since this summer. It took my PS to FINALLY get the last 5 pounds off and get me to goal. With my new body and my current weight, I am VERY happy with where I am and would not care if I didn't lose another pound. I'm sure it will taper off for you soon and you will begin maintaining. Congrats on your great weight loss. Hugs, Tabby
Susan T.
on 11/29/07 10:33 am - Waco, TX
I'm wondering the same thing. I have really upped my calories and I'm still dropping weight. It's slower than before, but it's still going. I really don't want to lose any more weight at all. I just want to have my panniculectomy and be done with it all. I'm even starting to eat things that I haven't eaten over the past year (chips, dessert, sandwiches, etc) to try to keep my weight up! Crazy, huh? Maybe I should stop, keep losing and see where I end up. Maybe my body "needs" to lose another 10 pounds. Who knows.... So, I wish I could answer your question, but I'm dealing with the same issue myself. I never thought I'd have the problem of not being able to STOP losing!! Susan
mom2sali
on 11/29/07 11:46 am - London, Canada
Hey Susan Thanks for answering. Sounds dumb but it is kind of nice to know that I am not alone here. I am wondering the same thing ...about my body just not being done yet. I started figure skating again. I haven't even been on skates in 15 years. Maybe that is why I am still losing. Thanks again...Tara PS Who would have dreamed that we would be concerned about this "problem"????
Susan T.
on 12/1/07 12:15 pm - Waco, TX
Hey Tara... I know what you mean. I never ever thought I'd be worried about losing too much weight. I've finally decided I may just go with it. Obviously my body thinks I need to be smaller. I weighed 103 when I met my hubby back in college - didn't have a weight problem till having kids. So, maybe I should lose more. Who knows.... I'm ranging from 133 to 136 now and my body really wants to go smaller - especially when I eat right and do just moderate exercise (for me, that 's walking/running with the dogs 3-4 times per day, plus going up and down the stairs here at home). Not really sure what I'm going to do. I really wanted to start pursuing plastics, but I've heard that with my insurance they want your weight to be stable for 4 months prior. With the way mine is continuing to drop, it may be a while before I qualify. Anyway, good luck. And, if you can figure out how to stop losing, please let me know!!! Susan
ZeeDove
on 11/29/07 4:54 pm - Cape Town, South Africa
my weight loss swings up and down so i prob have water retention. then again, i am very far from being at goal, my bmi is 39. i started out at a bmi of 65, so i am quite a happy chappie to be under 40. oh, i digress, i think my weight loss stopped due to me not doing enough exercise and eating the incorrect foods.
LisaAC
on 11/30/07 11:31 pm - Philadelphia, PA
yeah...bite me... Sorry!! Joking, really, joking! I've had to work extra hard for every pound lost after the first 6 months or so! Now, if I miss a day of exercise or eat a few extra carbs, etc., I won't lose a thing or I'll go up a pound or two and stay there for a few days. I'm glad for you, Tara, but, I'll admit I'm a little jealous of your problem... Lisa
Aime B.
on 12/1/07 7:53 pm - Baltimore, MD
I stopped losing pounds a few months back. I am still losing inches however.
E velyn
on 12/3/07 2:54 am
I'm losing, but very slowly and at irregular intervals. I originally thought that I would be perfect at 174. My body kept losing - and now I am at 160. (I'm 5'10" - BMI of 23) I stalled for as long as three months one time. I think that my body will stop when it is ready. There is not much data out there about what kind of "bounce back" the people with my type of surgery will have, so I guess I will see when and if that happens! Even if I gained back 20 pounds and stabilized, I'd be thrilled with this past year. What an amazing ride this surgery has been for me. Amazing and wonderful.
PUDYTAT
on 12/6/07 5:12 am - CAROLINA SHORES, NC
Hey tara, just came on board after about a week away from the computer. As far as my two cents to your question, I really think it depends on the individual and their metabolism. For my self, I'm still losing, haven't gotten to my personal goal yet, still have 21 pounds to go. I had a visit to my ob/gyn today (thirlls a minute) and I've lost another 3 pounds since last week. My goal is 150. I've lost 142# so far and feel fantastic. But still want to lose more although the people I work with tell me I've lost enough. As far as still losing? We have a patient at work that had the same surgery as I did and most of us, RNY. She had the surgery 5 years ago and she's still losing a pound or two every few months. She started out at 320# and is now down to 170, which makes me feel fantastic because I started out at 313 and am down to 171 in only a year. So I wonder what I'll get down to when we start maintaining. Now that I've run on I'll say good by donna, sfy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still check in?
E velyn · 0 replies · 230 views
Five Years Already!!
Judy G. · 2 replies · 1226 views
Happy 5 year Surgiversary!!
hollywatson · 1 replies · 980 views
5 years out and now 168 lbs.
Staci G. · 1 replies · 947 views
Anyone checking in?
Tri_harder · 2 replies · 1096 views