Under the knife...AGAIN!

LisaAC
on 12/9/07 8:54 am - Philadelphia, PA
This is getting really old! This all began with a procedure with a new gyne that went badly back at the end of August and I've had pain and problems ever since...two e.r. visits...another new gyne...urologist...2 ct scans...2 ultrasounds...7 courses of antibiotics...and pain and pain and pain! Eventually, they thought it was a big kidney stone lodged in the tube from my left kidney. I went to have it removed last Tuesday and he didn't find a stone...he did find that I have two of those tubes coming from the one kidney, which, I understand is pretty weird. Cool. I was in loads of pain and demanding a resolution to the problem, so they admitted me and I was there till Thursday. They had a surgeon see me and he believes there's inflammation in a lymph node in the area. He's taking it out tomorrow. Hoping like heck that this is the end of the problem. It's wearing me out. Plus, I'm hurting more now and so not getting enough exercise and so not losing weight and not feeling as good as I should! Plus, I've missed too much time from work over this, missed support group meetings, missed social occasions...it's affecting my mood as well and I've really had to fight to stay positive...most days I'm managing, but sometimes...sigh... Anyhow...send good vibes my way, please! Lisa
Susan T.
on 12/9/07 12:13 pm - Waco, TX
Lisa, Sorry to hear you are continuing to have so many health problems. Hope to hear back soon that all your problems are taken care of and you are feeling better. Susan
LisaAC
on 12/10/07 8:53 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thanks much, Susan. The surgery went well and I just got in. Feel pretty good, considering. He found a group of lymph nodes clustered together in the spot where my pain was centered and took them out. He seems to feel that'll fix things. I choose to agree! He sent them to the lab, of course, but I'm not worried. Lisa
berts4
on 12/9/07 10:00 pm - Rock City, IL
Dear Lisa: You are probably in the hospital as I write this, but I am sending all the positive vibes that I can to you and your surgeon, hoping that this is the answer for you and you will soon be healing and feeling back to your normal self. Please let us know how things are going....... Dawn
LisaAC
on 12/10/07 8:55 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thank you, Dawn! Just posted an update above... Lisa
Patricia S.
on 12/10/07 1:54 am - Glen Mills, PA
sending those postive, healing vibes your way! I hope this resolves the issue completely.
LisaAC
on 12/10/07 8:57 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thanks, Patricia, I appreciate it! Lisa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still check in?
E velyn · 0 replies · 233 views
Five Years Already!!
Judy G. · 2 replies · 1230 views
Happy 5 year Surgiversary!!
hollywatson · 1 replies · 983 views
5 years out and now 168 lbs.