I can stop whining now!

berts4
on 12/9/07 11:49 pm - Rock City, IL
I know, I know........it seems like I have been whining FOREVER (since August) about the fact that my weight loss stopped. Well, the scale still hasn't really moved (except for up 3 down 2-3), BUT.........in addition to the stationary bike I added in work with resistance tubing and have lost a total of 8 INCHES over all in 5 weeks!!!!!!!! I haven't lost that many inches in that short of time since the very beginning! My arm flaps are 2 inches smaller!!!!!! So are my hips!!!!! I even got into my first-ever-in-my-lifetime Levi's Button Fly jeans!!!!!!! I STILL dislike getting up at 4 am (esspecially on these FRIGID Medwestern mornings), but I just DO IT. (I feel like a Nike commercial.) The workout itself is not really that bad----I read while I pedal and watch whatever movie/show is on TNT at that hour. (I saw "When Harry Met Sally" this morning, and have seen the X-Files, and Law & Order........) The scale even went to a low of 161 this morning, so maybe the losing will begin again? (I almost think that is too much to hope for.....) My point is that exercise DOES help and it does not have to be horrible. Once I get going, it is rather easy and the 45 mins-1 hour (gasp!!!!!) goes quickly and I feel better the rest of the day. The other point is that for those of us that are "slow losers" there IS hope, and I wanted to share that hope with you. Have a lovely day all, Dawn
LisaAC
on 12/10/07 9:03 am - Philadelphia, PA
Dawn, I get the whine thing...I have to work so damn hard for every pound, I completely relate. Well done with the exercise. It really does make a difference in so many ways. Lisa
E velyn
on 12/11/07 2:32 am
Dawn, fabulous news on the measurements! And the button fly Levis! I felt like such a slow loser too, but it is coming off -- just slower than for some of the others. Keep up the good work and the exercise. You inspired me to get back into the exercise mode in the cold, chilly mornings! Thanks.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still check in?
E velyn · 0 replies · 230 views
Five Years Already!!
Judy G. · 2 replies · 1226 views
Happy 5 year Surgiversary!!
hollywatson · 1 replies · 980 views
5 years out and now 168 lbs.
Staci G. · 1 replies · 947 views
Anyone checking in?
Tri_harder · 2 replies · 1096 views