We FINALLY got the new (old) board format.

Tabby C.
on 8/21/08 12:43 pm - West Alexander, PA
Now that hardly anyone is posting we get the new format.  Hope everyone is doing well.  We are rounding out our second year post-op.  I have my 20 year class reunion coming up in October.  I can't wait to go shopping for something to wear.  I'm gonna look SMOKIN' HOT!!!!  What should I wear?  I know I want something that will cover my batwings.  Anyone else have anything exciting going on?

Where is everyone?

Hugs to my October Sisters.
Tabby
Tabby Cumer 
"Failure is not when you make a mistake.  It is when you give up trying."

PUDYTAT
on 8/24/08 6:53 am - CAROLINA SHORES, NC

Hey Tabby,
               Glad to see you made it back from the beach w/o any problems. 20yrs out of school? You old fart. I really can't say anything, I'm out of school 35yrs, yes I said 35. That makes me a really wrinkled old fart.
           What should you wear? Something that will blowtheir socks off. Bat wings, they're the bain of my life. When I get really excited about something and start waving the arms I shut the airconditioner off there's so much air movement.

Nothing exciting going on around here, just the same old, same old, work, work and more work. I'm taking a 1.5 week off in Oct. but not going anywere. Then in Feb. I'm taking another 2 weeks and taking a cruise to St. Marrtin, Grand Turk, San Juan and Half Moon Cay. So, enough about me. How's the weight loss going? or is it not. I've stalled for about 4-5 months now, haven't met my personal goal of 150, i'm stuck at around 166-168. Makes me crazy. It doesn't help that I'm not exercising and have done a little, and I mean a little cheating. But I'm happy w/ myself and how I feel.

Hope we can keep in touch

Have a great fall.

Donna, sfy

E velyn
on 8/24/08 3:15 pm
You will look fabulous for your 20th!  How exciting!

I've had ups and downs since I last posted for everyone.
1. My sister died just yesterday.  She only became ill in January, and by the time we found her pancreatic cancer it was too late to do much.  Our family was with her when she died at Mom's house, and it was peaceful and terrifying at the same time.  I am so glad she is free of her pain.
2.  I fell - hard - for a fellow VSG'er!  You can see half of him in my avatar. 
3. I'm maintaining my weight loss relatively easily, but am still struggling with establishing exercise as a regular part of my life.
4. My last child graduated from high school and begins college tomorrow!
5. My two year labs are almost all back - and they are fabulous!  I can't believe the gift of health that this surgery has given me.

I am still quite active on OH - but spend most of my time in a specialty board for VSG graduates of over a year.  Since our surgery is still kind of new, we decided to stay in touch and keep one another motivated.  We'll have a reunion in Vegas this spring, so the west coasters can meet some of the Midwest and East coasters. (Those of us on the west coast are lucky enough to get together regularly. Really lucky for me and my guy, since that is how we met!)

Despite my dear sister's death, life is good.  Grab onto all the good things with BOTH hands, because life can be short!   Best wishes to all my 10/06 sisters!  You were such a source of strength as I went through this journey.

LisaAC
on 8/26/08 11:06 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Evelyn, I am so sorry for your loss.  As I recall very well, knowing my brother was going and knowing it was better for him didn't make the grief any less acute.  I wish you and yours peace and understanding.

All the best to all my October sisters.  It's gratifying to hear you are doing so well!
"The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become."
E velyn
on 8/27/08 3:52 am

Thank you Lisa.  It's true what everyone says - each day gets better. 

Look at YOU and your weight loss! You have really accomplished something!  Isn't this a wonderful journey? 

Wishing you the best.

berts4
on 9/2/08 4:38 am - Rock City, IL
HI Tabby and the rest of the October Sisters!

I am still here and still stuck between 160-162.  Nothing has changed on the weight loss front for over a year.  I guess it is about time to accept it, but I don't want to.  My goal is 33 pounds away, which would be the very high of a "normal" BMI.  I would be happy with even 10 pounds to get out of the "obese" category, but it does not seem to be in the cards for me.  On the other hand, I am healthier than ever and able to do oh-so-many more things with my family.  We just had a very busy weekend that I would never have been able to keep up with 2 years ago.

You will knock 'em dead at your class reunion.  I'm glad to see that you are doing so well.

I'm sending out lots of love to all my October sisters, it has been quite the journey!

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

hollywatson
on 9/11/08 1:30 am - Oil City, PA
Hi Tabby!!!
You are right, where is everyone?!?!?!  Out living life, I guess!!  I am doing well....still maintaining....around 150-152, I dropped to 148 after my PS, but my body evidently didn't like it there because I went back up to 150.....can wear a size 8 in some things and mostly a size 10.....which are usually too big, but a size 8 is just a little too snug for me!!  Did you find something to wear to your class reunion?  A little black dress would be perfect -- and smoking hot!  LOL....Hope you and your family are doing well, sorry I dont do very well at keeping in touch these days, but I do think about everyone on here!

Holly
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still check in?
E velyn · 0 replies · 234 views
Five Years Already!!
Judy G. · 2 replies · 1231 views
Happy 5 year Surgiversary!!
hollywatson · 1 replies · 984 views
5 years out and now 168 lbs.
Staci G. · 1 replies · 953 views
Anyone checking in?