Just Married!!!

LisaAC
on 9/23/08 10:05 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Well, I didn't even have a chance to announce that I got engaged a couple weeks ago and here I am, announcing my marriage! 

Steve and I have been together since February and are deeply in love.  The wedding planning was making us crazy...so we decided to just get married...which we did last night, with under 30 hours planning! 

It was a beautiful candlelight wedding in friends' yard, beside their weeping willow.  We are so happy!
"The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become."
Michelle B.
on 9/24/08 2:36 am - Pennsauken, NJ
On September 24, 2008 at 5:05 AM Pacific Time, LisaAC wrote:
Well, I didn't even have a chance to announce that I got engaged a couple weeks ago and here I am, announcing my marriage! 

Steve and I have been together since February and are deeply in love.  The wedding planning was making us crazy...so we decided to just get married...which we did last night, with under 30 hours planning! 

It was a beautiful candlelight wedding in friends' yard, beside their weeping willow.  We are so happy!

Congratulations Lisa!! What a WOW moment that is!!! You give me hope that there is indeed someone out there for me...

How have you been doing?  our 2 year anniversary is right around the corner - I'm 13 pounds away from losing 300 pounds...  that blows me away more than when I look in the mirror, still see the old me.

How did you meet?

hollywatson
on 10/13/08 3:26 am - Oil City, PA
Hi Michelle!!
It was soooooo good to see your post!!  I hope you are doing well!!  Congrats on the 300 lb weight loss!!  Isn't life amazing!  Hope you are continuing to do well.....just remember, there is someone out there for you!!!

Take Care,
Holly
berts4
on 9/25/08 11:47 pm - Rock City, IL
CONGRATULATIONS Lisa and Steve!

I am SOOO glad that you found your soul mate and have "sealed the deal".

May you have a wonderful, long, happy life together!

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

PUDYTAT
on 9/26/08 4:09 am - CAROLINA SHORES, NC

Hey Lisa,

What a wonderful announcement to see when we first open to our forum. I'd like to add my congratulations and best wishes along w/ everone elses.

May you have a long and happy life together w/ Steve.

Blessings on you both.

DONNA, SFY (southern fired yankee)

LisaAC
on 9/26/08 5:39 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thanks very much for the kind thoughts and wishes.

We met via our local Mensa group, when he posted a new discussion topic to the local yahoo group and I responded.  His post was on Romance and Chivalry; I suggested that he just relax, be himself, and make her laugh and he'd do fine .  He asked me out...what was cool was that, on the yahoo profile he'd seen, I was about fifty pounds heavier than when we met, so he was surprised when he saw me...and the cool part is that the 50 lb heavier didn't stop him asking me out .

On the 4th date, he asked about my taste in engagment rings...I think my answer was something like: "EEEK!"

But Love won out and here we are...and it's so good...
"The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become."
E velyn
on 9/26/08 12:18 pm
Wow!  Wonderful news!  I hope that  you and Steve have a long and happy life together.  How wonderful that you found each other.

Tabby C.
on 10/6/08 12:21 pm - West Alexander, PA
Congrats, Lisa.  I'm so glad that you are happy and I am very happy for you and your new life.  I bet it was crazy planning a wedding in 30 hours.  WOW!!!  Hope you post some pics soon.

Hugs,
Tabby
Tabby Cumer 
"Failure is not when you make a mistake.  It is when you give up trying."

hollywatson
on 10/13/08 3:25 am - Oil City, PA
Congratulations Lisa!!  I am so happy for you!!!  I hope you have a wonderful life together!! 

Post some pictures, soon!!!!!

Holly
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still check in?
E velyn · 0 replies · 229 views
Five Years Already!!
Judy G. · 2 replies · 1224 views
Happy 5 year Surgiversary!!
hollywatson · 1 replies · 978 views
5 years out and now 168 lbs.
Staci G. · 1 replies · 947 views