WOW...3 YEARS ALREADY!!!!!

Judy G.
on 10/14/09 11:29 pm - Galion, OH

tomorrow it will be 3 years ago i had WLS!!! WOW!!!!! can't believe its been that long already!!! my only regret is i waited so long to have this done!!! my life has taken a turn for the better..atleast in my book...i have a man that loves me for who i am and never belittles me in public or in private. he says he doesn't even see the wrinkled skin or the hanging skin from the weight loss!!! says all he sees is the woman he loves to death!!! he has given me so many happy moments i can't believe how happy i am with him!!!! life is good!!! ;-) (i left gary and we divorced last year and he passed away september 11th this year) losing the weight gave me "balls" to move on with my life and i made the move from michigan to ohio a year ago last june. i have a good job with health insurance, i have a man that truely loves me for who i am, i can do things i thought i would never do again in my life, and i am sure all of you that had WLS know exactly what i am talking about. ahhh life is good!!!! most of my labs are good, but i am low on vitamin D so trying to get that up and will be getting that checked at the end of the month again. my weight has stalled now for over 2 years so i guess i am where i will stay. i used to weigh 334 pounds and am now up and down 185-195 pounds. my goal was to be under 200 so i guess i met that goal. i blame the stall on the stress in my life back then. and now since i tried the forbidden foods i can honestly say i wish i never did that!!! i can tolerate them all...if i eat to much i get stinky gas or the "runs", i sometimes over eat and not often get "sick" to make me not do that again!!! if there were a way i could go back to fresh out of surgery to start over i would do it in a heart beat....i would NEVER test the forbidden foods and drinks again. but i can't go back so i watch what goes into my mouth and pray i never go back above 200 pounds again!!! if i see the scale moving up i cut back right away and it comes off...slow but sure.

well i rattled on long enough here and hope to see more of you post on how you are doing 3 years out. i am not seeing many posts on here anymore so i am hoping you all have alot of fun things going now since you are thinner and healthier since WLS!!!

(((october 2006)))

E velyn
on 10/21/09 2:01 am

Hi Judy!  Congratulations on your past three years.  What a wild ride, eh? 

I'm sad that this board has gone dormant.   I received so much support and encouragement from all of you.  (Of course, you and I are lucky, since we have the OFF board.  ( Hoping that all our Oct friends have developed similar support systems so they can stay focused!)

I'm delighted that your life is going so well.  Your man, your job, your LIFE sound great.  Best wishes to you.

Ev

Judy G.
on 10/24/09 12:47 am - Galion, OH

thanks Ev....we both are doing so well after WLS and i am very happy with my new life!!!! ;-)

yes this board has gone to sleep it looks like...so sad...started out being a close knit group and now where is everyone???

congrats to you also for a WLS graduate of 3 years!!! :-)

hugs

E velyn
on 10/24/09 2:27 pm
Judy, I think they are all out in the world, living their wonderful new lives!  I can only hope that their WLS continues to bring them the same joy and freedom that mine has brought to me.

See you on the OFF board!

ev

Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still check in?
E velyn · 0 replies · 233 views
Five Years Already!!
Judy G. · 2 replies · 1231 views
Happy 5 year Surgiversary!!
hollywatson · 1 replies · 983 views
5 years out and now 168 lbs.
Staci G. · 1 replies · 951 views