Almost 4 years out...

(deactivated member)
on 8/29/10 10:52 am - Menomonee Falls, WI
At 1 year out I weighed 186 lbs.  At 2 years out I think I weighed about 170lbs.  At 3 years out I had gained and lost to about 180 lbs.  I gained last winter to about 200 lbs.  I kept going and I am 181 lbs.  This will be the second year I put $4000 into a flexiben account for a revision or a tummy tuck co pay.  I have accepted that I will never get a revision.  I just want to get back to 170 lbs. and then go for the TT. I have had a rash that comes and goes since 2002 when I lost to 167 lbs. before I had surgery.  I have dieted and exercised as hard as I can.  I am beginning to think this is impossible.  I am trying to not give up because I gain weight so rapidly.  My A1Cs are between 5 and 6 for 4 years and I am extremely grateful for that.  I have been off all diabetes medication since surgery.  I know the surgery was a good idea for that reason.  I am much healthier now than before surgery even when I weighed less.  I just want my clothes to fit again.  I am not depressed or anything just still confused how come I could lose 110 lbs. before surgery and maintain for years, gain 30 lbs. to qualify for surgery (200 lbs SW) and not be able to really lose permanently after surgery.  I watch huge people drop 100s of lbs. time and time again.  I hope you are doing better with this than I am as we come up on 4 years.  take care, Daisy
barneskds
on 9/24/10 4:03 am
I have had the same battle. I am 4 years post surgery and have gained all of my weight back. I only lost about 40 lbs after the surgery had some issues where all of the fluid was taken out of my band for a few months. Then I had it filled, but have never been able to lose more than 30 lbs, even though I was following the eating and exercise requirements. Now I have gained all of my weight back and I am so frustrated.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still check in?
E velyn · 0 replies · 234 views
Five Years Already!!
Judy G. · 2 replies · 1231 views
Happy 5 year Surgiversary!!
hollywatson · 1 replies · 983 views
5 years out and now 168 lbs.
Staci G. · 1 replies · 952 views
Anyone checking in?
Tri_harder · 2 replies · 1102 views