4 Years out/178

berts4
on 11/8/10 4:33 am - Rock City, IL

I have spent all morning looking at the date and trying SO HARD to remember WHY is seems familiar.  Someone's birthday?  Anniversary?  Not that I could think of...............THEN, it FINALLY hit me.........4 years ago today was my RNY!  

WOW!  How time changes things......4-5 years ago literally ALL I could think about, every waking moment, was my surgery.  Now.....not so much. 

Not that I am not aware that I had this done, the tool is still working very well.....restriction and dumping are still intact.  It's just become a part of me and I down't obsess about it any more.  I now just live, day to day.  I never lost what I had hoped to lose and have had a bit of "bounce back" but I am in better health than I was 4 years ago and I am NOT giving up.  I keep plugging along and maybe, some day, I will get closer to goal.  If not, I am still much better off than I was and I am grateful.

I have not seriously exercised in almost a year.  A year ago, I had another major surgery (unrelated to the RNY) and I could not exercise for a few months.  During that time, my indoor bike was moved to the basement and not only can't I get my boys to bring it back up, they have lost the electrical cord.  That, and the exercise did not seem to be helping (or so I thought).  NOW, I WANT to get back to exercising, as I have been walking again and I FEEL better when I move.  So, I will continue to keep moving and see what I can do to find a plug for this machine or get another form of exercise.

I contribute my gain to the non-exercise and to more wine than is prudent.  I have stopped the wine and am now paying closer attention to my diet.  I also need to schedule my yearly review with my surgeon's office. 

Just shouting our to my October Sisters!  Hope you are all doing well!

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still check in?
E velyn · 0 replies · 234 views
Five Years Already!!
Judy G. · 2 replies · 1231 views
Happy 5 year Surgiversary!!
hollywatson · 1 replies · 984 views