Recent Posts

Tri_harder
on 6/9/11 11:28 pm
Topic: Anyone checking in?
Anyone checking in anymore?  How are you doing?
berts4
on 11/8/10 4:33 am - Rock City, IL
Topic: 4 Years out/178

I have spent all morning looking at the date and trying SO HARD to remember WHY is seems familiar.  Someone's birthday?  Anniversary?  Not that I could think of...............THEN, it FINALLY hit me.........4 years ago today was my RNY!  

WOW!  How time changes things......4-5 years ago literally ALL I could think about, every waking moment, was my surgery.  Now.....not so much. 

Not that I am not aware that I had this done, the tool is still working very well.....restriction and dumping are still intact.  It's just become a part of me and I down't obsess about it any more.  I now just live, day to day.  I never lost what I had hoped to lose and have had a bit of "bounce back" but I am in better health than I was 4 years ago and I am NOT giving up.  I keep plugging along and maybe, some day, I will get closer to goal.  If not, I am still much better off than I was and I am grateful.

I have not seriously exercised in almost a year.  A year ago, I had another major surgery (unrelated to the RNY) and I could not exercise for a few months.  During that time, my indoor bike was moved to the basement and not only can't I get my boys to bring it back up, they have lost the electrical cord.  That, and the exercise did not seem to be helping (or so I thought).  NOW, I WANT to get back to exercising, as I have been walking again and I FEEL better when I move.  So, I will continue to keep moving and see what I can do to find a plug for this machine or get another form of exercise.

I contribute my gain to the non-exercise and to more wine than is prudent.  I have stopped the wine and am now paying closer attention to my diet.  I also need to schedule my yearly review with my surgeon's office. 

Just shouting our to my October Sisters!  Hope you are all doing well!

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

on 10/3/10 8:32 am - south dartmouth, MA
Topic: RE: Vitamins
I just made my 4 years it is hard to believe i have lost total of 115ibs and feel great i was a meeting last week  and they told us that they just came from a confrence and they are recommending erveryone to start taking b-12 every day you might want to call your doctors office and double check good luck and congrats on the weight loss
barneskds
on 9/24/10 4:03 am
Topic: RE: Almost 4 years out...
I have had the same battle. I am 4 years post surgery and have gained all of my weight back. I only lost about 40 lbs after the surgery had some issues where all of the fluid was taken out of my band for a few months. Then I had it filled, but have never been able to lose more than 30 lbs, even though I was following the eating and exercise requirements. Now I have gained all of my weight back and I am so frustrated.
(deactivated member)
on 8/29/10 10:52 am - Menomonee Falls, WI
Topic: Almost 4 years out...
At 1 year out I weighed 186 lbs.  At 2 years out I think I weighed about 170lbs.  At 3 years out I had gained and lost to about 180 lbs.  I gained last winter to about 200 lbs.  I kept going and I am 181 lbs.  This will be the second year I put $4000 into a flexiben account for a revision or a tummy tuck co pay.  I have accepted that I will never get a revision.  I just want to get back to 170 lbs. and then go for the TT. I have had a rash that comes and goes since 2002 when I lost to 167 lbs. before I had surgery.  I have dieted and exercised as hard as I can.  I am beginning to think this is impossible.  I am trying to not give up because I gain weight so rapidly.  My A1Cs are between 5 and 6 for 4 years and I am extremely grateful for that.  I have been off all diabetes medication since surgery.  I know the surgery was a good idea for that reason.  I am much healthier now than before surgery even when I weighed less.  I just want my clothes to fit again.  I am not depressed or anything just still confused how come I could lose 110 lbs. before surgery and maintain for years, gain 30 lbs. to qualify for surgery (200 lbs SW) and not be able to really lose permanently after surgery.  I watch huge people drop 100s of lbs. time and time again.  I hope you are doing better with this than I am as we come up on 4 years.  take care, Daisy
E velyn
on 11/16/09 9:44 am
Topic: RE: Three year surgiversary!

Thank you Michelle, and happy (belated) surgiversary to you as well! 

I'm really sad to see the end of this board - I learned so much from everyone I met here.  However, they warned us that people will lose weight and just get on with their lives - and I guess we all did. 

Best wishes to any and all *****ad this - Wishing you many happy days ahead!

E velyn
on 10/24/09 2:27 pm
Topic: RE: WOW...3 YEARS ALREADY!!!!!
Judy, I think they are all out in the world, living their wonderful new lives!  I can only hope that their WLS continues to bring them the same joy and freedom that mine has brought to me.

See you on the OFF board!

ev

Judy G.
on 10/24/09 12:47 am - Galion, OH

thanks Ev....we both are doing so well after WLS and i am very happy with my new life!!!! ;-)

yes this board has gone to sleep it looks like...so sad...started out being a close knit group and now where is everyone???

congrats to you also for a WLS graduate of 3 years!!! :-)

hugs

E velyn
on 10/21/09 2:01 am

Hi Judy!  Congratulations on your past three years.  What a wild ride, eh? 

I'm sad that this board has gone dormant.   I received so much support and encouragement from all of you.  (Of course, you and I are lucky, since we have the OFF board.  ( Hoping that all our Oct friends have developed similar support systems so they can stay focused!)

I'm delighted that your life is going so well.  Your man, your job, your LIFE sound great.  Best wishes to you.

Ev

Michelle B.
on 10/15/09 11:55 am - Pennsauken, NJ
Topic: RE: Three year surgiversary!
Congratulations on your continued success!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still check in?
E velyn · 0 replies · 233 views
Five Years Already!!
Judy G. · 2 replies · 1231 views
Happy 5 year Surgiversary!!
hollywatson · 1 replies · 983 views
5 years out and now 168 lbs.
Staci G. · 1 replies · 952 views
Anyone checking in?
Tri_harder · 2 replies · 1102 views