Recent Posts

(deactivated member)
on 9/3/09 8:39 am - Menomonee Falls, WI
Topic: RE: What do you eat?
that's because I deleted it because I was so ashamed at what I was doing to myself.  sorry, Daisy
(deactivated member)
on 9/3/09 8:38 am, edited 9/3/09 8:40 am - Menomonee Falls, WI
Topic: We're coming in on 3 years...how are you doing?
How are you all doing?  It has been a horrible, horrible year.  I am struggling along.  I am eating veggies and protein since April.  I go to Weigh****chers meetings.  I want to get back under 170 lbs. by my surgiversary.   That is 10 lbs. in a month and I just don't know that it is possible.  I gained up to 235 last winter because I simply gave up the fight.  I didn't think it could get worse and surprise...it did!  I feel like all the "easy fat" is gone and the stubborn fat is left behind.  Any suggestions?  I swim every day.  I don't drink any calories.  Take care, Daisy
SherryL664
on 5/22/09 4:04 pm - Gainesville, GA
Topic: RE: Hello!
Hey Holly,
I know what you mean! I don't get to come to the site very often any more, but when I do it seems that no one is on anymore. I really miss all the connection we all had at one time. Remember when we did the card exchange? That was so much fun. And the support we got from each other was great! Well, maybe we can all get back and keep in touch soon. I miss everyone! Take care and let me know how you are doing.
Sherry
hollywatson
on 4/14/09 11:19 pm - Oil City, PA
Topic: Hello!
WOW!  I really  miss this board and the October 2006 members!  I am thrilled that we are all out living out lives to the fullest, but I still miss everyone and hope all is going well for all of you!! 

Holly
berts4
on 3/2/09 12:54 am - Rock City, IL
Topic: RE: What do you eat?
Dear Daisy:

When I go to your profile, I see that there are no blogs posted. 

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

(deactivated member)
on 2/17/09 12:15 pm, edited 2/18/09 10:28 am - Menomonee Falls, WI
Topic: What do you eat?
What do you eat now?  I wrote what I eat on my blog so that I can track it.  Do you eat as much as me?  Am I normal?  thanks, Daisy
corliss
on 1/18/09 4:36 am - Lupton City, tn
Topic: RE: Two years ago, yesterday...
Congratz!  I am so happy for you.  It is indeed a whole different world being a normal.

Corliss
corliss
on 1/17/09 9:00 pm - Lupton City, tn
Topic: RE: Band removal, considering gastric sleeve!
On January 10, 2009 at 4:02 PM Pacific Time, Diana_T wrote:
I wish you would consider the RNY, I had it 2 years ago I am amazed at how wonderful I feel.  i have several friends who had the band and 2 that have had the sleeve.  There are so many more complications.  The throwing up the slipping the fact that they don't work as well. the RNY saved my life.  I am no longer diabetic and I feel fantastic.  I have lost 179lbs and have kept it off.  No problems no complications.  I just made some healthy life changes and I have this wonderful fail proof tool.  Just my opinion!
Hi,  I am so glad your bypass is working out for you.  My daughter had RNY in 2003 and lost over 150 lbs.  She was down to normal and had started regaining some weight and was up to 191 lbs when she had a mesenteric hernia and her bowel was deprived of oxygen and large parts of it died. She became septic and was hospitalized for over 4 months. She had multiple surgeries and now has short gut syndrom.  All of this was a long term but fairly common complication of RNY.  She is now on disability and has to eat around 4000 cals per day to maintain a weight of 136.  Unfortunately RNY is not fail proof as many do regain much of their weight and there are life threatening complications associated with it.

The lap band is probably not a good choice for me next go around because if one slips the chances of having another slippage is significantly increase.  Until it slipped there were no problems.  I lost 203 lbs with the lap band and I am just horribly sorry that it is not the best choice for me anymore.  I know how wonderful it was when it worked right.    I was blessed int hat I have never been diabetic but most of the diabetics I know who had lap band no longer have to take insulin or other diabetes meds.  I think it is the weight loss which causes people to have much less problems with their blood sugar with either surgery.

My friend from work had her sleeve done this past week.  I can't wait to hear from her. I am thinking I will get one this summer.  I might not get weight loss surgery at all if I can continue to maintain.  After I lost my band I regained up to 230 and now am down to 212.  I wish I could loose on down to where I was at 170 but that is highly unlikely without surgery.

I hope things keep going well.  Stay close to your doc and if you have any problems, run to see him.  Take care,  Corliss.
E velyn
on 1/17/09 11:56 am, edited 1/17/09 11:57 am
Hi Corliss!  Have you made your decision yet? 

I have heard of complications with the band, and I am sorry that yours had to be removed.  Both the gastric bypass and the VSG are good surgeries. There are pros and cons to both.  I chose the VSG so I could keep my pyloric valve and have a normally functioning stomach.  The restriction was enough for me to lose 125 and keep it off relatively effortlessly.  No co-morbidities, no complications, no dumping, no vomiting, a normal BP and lots of energy. 

Best of luck to you which ever surgery you choose.

Ev

Diana_T
on 1/10/09 8:02 am - Kinzer, PA
I wish you would consider the RNY, I had it 2 years ago I am amazed at how wonderful I feel.  i have several friends who had the band and 2 that have had the sleeve.  There are so many more complications.  The throwing up the slipping the fact that they don't work as well. the RNY saved my life.  I am no longer diabetic and I feel fantastic.  I have lost 179lbs and have kept it off.  No problems no complications.  I just made some healthy life changes and I have this wonderful fail proof tool.  Just my opinion!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still check in?
E velyn · 0 replies · 233 views
Five Years Already!!
Judy G. · 2 replies · 1230 views
Happy 5 year Surgiversary!!
hollywatson · 1 replies · 982 views
5 years out and now 168 lbs.
Staci G. · 1 replies · 951 views
Anyone checking in?
Tri_harder · 2 replies · 1101 views