Not eating

kypenguin
on 7/7/08 6:18 am - Perrysburg, OH
After seeing the post about what you are eating now in our 8th month, I have to ask, is anyone not really eating? I have had no appetite or desire to eat, and can go 2 or 3 days before I realize I haven't actually had a meal. I am still doing protein shakes and try to do 2 a day with at least on real meal (usually dinner). I spoke with my surgeon and nut about this at my 6 month and they agreed that I need to do the shakes if I'm not eating, but I wonder if I'm not hurting myself by doing this. My weightloss has really come to a crawl - 13lbs since May 22nd, even though I've started working out and being a lot more active outdoors (hiking/kayaking/etc) and am definately burning more than I'm consuming. Anyone else in this situation? ~jenny
andrea K.
on 7/8/08 1:26 am - near Huntsville, AL
I cant be of much help b/c im the exact opposite. I still love my food and wanna eat all the time. Its mostly at night when Im bored but I really have to watch it. I also still do protein supplements. I add 1 1/2 scoops of protein powder to my coffee for breakfast. It really keeps me full until lunch. You really are gonna have to make sure your getting ENOUGH calories also. That will throw you in a stall faster than anything. Ive been on both sides. When i dont eat enough calories, I stall, but if i feel like im eating like a pig i still lose. But I exercise ALOT, so that def makes a difference. So now that your more active and not getting enough calories, your body doesnt have enough fuel to burn. Hope this helps
deb_m
on 7/10/08 11:22 am - Sanford, NC
I struggle with night-time hunger too. I do great all day, and eat an appropriate dinner, then I am tempted to graze all night. I'm not being too terrible about it, but it is a constant battle...more than it should be! I've started eating popcorn (with lots of chewing) and allow myself some every evening if I've gotten all my protein in for the day. It gives me the crunch that I crave and fills me up too. Plus, as long as your choosing the right kind, it's not too high in calories or fat.
Janet H.
on 7/16/08 2:02 am - Golden Valley, AZ
Hi Jenny like the others have said if you don't eat enough you will stall big time, Now me on the other hand I find my self wantting to graze alot,and love my vodka and leamonade, bad me,..... but I have just gotten some raw veggies cut up and dill dip and I will eat some of that in the afternoon that way i am getting the cruch that i miss and get my veggies in, good luck hope thing work out and you can start losing again, but I think we are all at a point now where our bodys need to catch up . talk to you later Janet
Most Active
Recent Topics
6+ years out...
Amg563 · 2 replies · 866 views
6 years Post Op
girlsmile45 · 0 replies · 872 views
5 Years!!!
Kathie L. · 4 replies · 1489 views
My Date
canadianlady · 0 replies · 1004 views
4 year anniversary!!!
MzRaina · 1 replies · 1062 views