Not at my goal yet.

cleofet
on 1/23/11 9:04 am - Gretna, LA
HI EVERYONE.
  Just a question.  How many of you have not reached goal yet?  I had gotten to with in 10 pounds of goal about 10 months ago but now have put on about 20 pounds.  I have to admit that i had stopped working out and have not been eating correctly.  As of this past Monday the 17th of Jan 2011  I started to behave again and have gone back to the gym 4 days a week.  I started at 234 in Oct or 07 got down to 155 and and now (as of last Monday) back up to 175.  I have to say I am a stress picker and I was not choosing the correct things to eat.  Redi-Whip topping had become my drug of choice and I put it on EVERYTHING!  Although one serving here or there whould be ok I can not control myself (much as a drug addict) so I have said NO MORE!!!!!  I will weigh tomorrow morning but I am not going to be upset if the numbers do not drop yet.  I know I am doing the right things now so it will happen.  I want to thank ObesityHelp for being here. Evern though I haven't been here in a long time I intend to check in at least once a week.  I also have to say that it makes me so happy to see all the wonderful people here that have taken the huge step to have WLS and are working the tool.  Keep up the good work and God bless all of you. 
Mary in New Orleans  

Kathie L.
on 2/25/11 11:25 pm - Castaic, CA
Hi Mary,
I'm sorry to hear about your gain, but you are doing the right thing to gain control now. This board doesn't get much action any more, you may want to monitor the graduate forum; many people there struggle with their slight gains and are trying to get back on-track.
I have kept my weight at goal and feel wonderful but everyday is a new struggle to not overeat or eat wrong things. I struggle more at work than at home (snacking when bored) but if I eat all of my food by noon then it's a long time to wait until 5:00 until I get home. Good luck to you. You've come a long way and have committed yourself again to good health.
California Kathie
RNY - 10/07
Rt. Hip Replacement - 4/08
Upper Body Lift - 11/08 (Dr. Timothy Katzen)
Lower Body Lift - 3/09 (Dr. Timothy Katzen)
enchantednurse
on 3/28/11 7:17 pm - Dallas, GA
Revision on 01/10/13

Well I never made it to goal either and in the past year have put on 35 lbs.......it didnt cure me!  The food addict in me still survives....hang in the...off to the gym n start a new day!

cleofet
on 2/28/11 10:47 am - Gretna, LA
Hi Kathie,
  Tonight I went to our monthly support meeting and we went over some of the basics.  I will adjust some of the bad things I have been doning for awhile.  I will no longer eat at the computer or in front of the TV, I will eat at the table and set a timer for 25 minutes and then my meal will be over even if there is food left on the plate.  I will not waite so long in between eating so that I am not starving when I actually do sit down to eat.  I will watch my calorie intake and not just carbs.  I think doing these things will get me moving in the right direction again.  I will keep you posted.  Tomorrow is a new day!!!  

Most Active
Recent Topics
6+ years out...
Amg563 · 2 replies · 860 views
6 years Post Op
girlsmile45 · 0 replies · 868 views
5 Years!!!
Kathie L. · 4 replies · 1481 views
My Date
canadianlady · 0 replies · 998 views
4 year anniversary!!!
MzRaina · 1 replies · 1058 views