Recent Posts

Chere S.
on 8/1/07 2:46 am - Pensacola, FL
Topic: Howdy
Just thought I'd say hi, I'm Chere. My surgery date is October 15...still seems like a lifetime away, but I know it will come sooner than I think, considering it is already August. Looking forward to finally losing weight.
irisab
on 7/30/07 1:07 pm - CA
Topic: RE: Surgery Date
You and me both....hooray!!! You on the East Coast and me on the West Coast..... My date will be sometime in October I believe. I will know more on Friday when I see my surgeon in South San Francisco. :-) [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w5vvnNH/] [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w5vvnNH/weight.png[/img] [/url]
irisab
on 7/30/07 12:56 pm - CA
Topic: RE: I have my date!
Congratulations!!!! I will keep you in my thoughts as we both go through this process. My surgery will be in October tentatively. I am thinking about having the Lap-Band but my surgeon and I will discuss this when I see him Friday. I too am excited about it! :-) :-)
Chubby McFatty
on 7/25/07 5:20 pm - Renton, WA
Topic: Surgery Date
My surgery date is October 10. Can't wait!!!!
Chubby McFatty
on 7/20/07 2:39 am - Renton, WA
Topic: RE: I have my date!
Congrats on your upcomming surgery!!! I know just how excited you feel as I too will have my surgery in October. Hooray for us!!!!
Chubby McFatty
on 7/17/07 7:33 am - Renton, WA
Topic: THE BIG DANCE!!
No date yet but for sure it will happen in October. Hip Hip Horray for me!!!
lizzybear
on 7/1/07 2:21 pm - Olympia, WA
Topic: I have my date!
I'm having lap RNY on October 5, 2007. My insurance has a 6-month waiting period from approval to surgery date. They assign a case manager to help you through the process and you submit weekly food & exercise diaries to your case manager. I had my first appointment with my surgeon's assistant on June 19. I am required to lose 5% of my original weight prior to the surgery in October and has of the June 19 appointment I had lost 5.03% so I'm good to go! Only thing left is the letter from the psychologist saying I'm sane and aware of the pros & cons of the surgery. Since I'm already seeing someone to help with pre-existing food issues, my case manager said it would be okay for me to have my regular psych write the letter and submit it for me. Then I've met all requirements and just wait until September for my pre-op lab work and that's it. No pre-op diet, but they want me to try to eat low fat to help my liver be as small as possible for the surgery. I'm thinking I'll do a pre-op liquid diet like so many others do just to be sure my liver's as happy as possible before the surgery. I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!
ericklein
on 5/28/03 12:52 pm - Mission Viejo, CA
Topic: ObesityHelp Magazine is waiting for you!
Our Own Magazine Has Arrived. We've been busy since January putting together our first copy of our quarterly magazine and it's now available for ordering. Click here to order your subscription today. Proceeds from all subscriptions go to the Association for Morbid Obesity Support. Make the investment in both our community as well as your ongoing education in WLS. Recipes, hospital reviews, surgeon scoring, humor, inspiring photos, quality articles, and much more. All these are waiting to reach your door. Rather than produce just a newsletter, we went all out and produced a 64 page magazine for you. Spread the word, ObesityHelp Magazine is available for the community.
Most Active
Recent Topics
6+ years out...
Amg563 · 2 replies · 866 views
6 years Post Op
girlsmile45 · 0 replies · 871 views
5 Years!!!
Kathie L. · 4 replies · 1489 views
My Date
canadianlady · 0 replies · 1004 views
4 year anniversary!!!
MzRaina · 1 replies · 1062 views