3 1/2 WEEKS POST OP

shortgram
on 11/1/08 9:24 am - North Bend, WA
WAS WONDERING HOW ALL MY FELLOW OCT. 8 TH SURGERY DATES ARE DOING ? I'M DOING WELL ADJUSTING TO MY 3 SMALL MEALS  OF BLENDED FOOD PER DAY, SOMETIMES IT'S HARD TO EVEN GET THAT DOWN... STILL HAVING MUCH PAIN ON MY LEFT SIDE, KEEP PULLING IT WHEN I TRY TO GET UP FROM COUCH , UGH !!! STILL TAKING PAIN MED. FOR THAT... OTHER WISE I'M FELING GREAT AND HAVE LOST A TOTAL OF 45 LBS. WHI*****LUDES MY PRE- SURGERY WEIGHT LOSS.... GOD BLESS, SHORTGRAM ( FROM WASHINGTON STATE)
susie64
on 11/2/08 1:33 am
Congrats on your 45 pound weight loss.  That is amazing!   I'm a Oct 17 surg date but can relate to that pain on the left side.  What's the deal with that.  I thought that maybe it was from all the muscles trying to heal up.  It's a horrible crampy pain and i try to stretch it out.  I'm just now on pureed diet.  Don't exactly love it.  Keep up the good work.

Highest Wt 278/Surg Wt 246/Current Wt 148.6/Goal Wt 145 (initial goal)   
Susan C.
on 11/2/08 4:18 am
My surgery date was 10/1.  I still have that pain in my left side.  The surgein said that he probably bruides my ribs during surgery.  It thats what it is then it is a strange bruise.  But its getting better.  I'm not eating much.  I get my protein with protein shakes.  And bites of what the kids have.  I'm still really tired.  I didn't expect to feel this bad after surgery.  Can't wait for it to get better.

23 lbs down since surgery and wearing smaller clothes.  I think it mostly came from my stomach.

susan

http://www.obesityhelp.com/shared/flash/WeightHistoryChart/WeightHistoryChart.swf?username=mullberry" quality="high" width="585" height="360">

wattsup_yall
on 11/3/08 6:50 am - Burleson, TX

Just commenting on the pain on the left side. I too have that and I am post op as of Oct. 17, 2008.If you have ever gone on you tube and watched the Lap band videos it kinda looks like the reason we are more sore on the left is due to the more evasive work being done I know my port incision is mostly on the left and where they pull up part of your stomach to stabilize the band is more on the left also. It all made sense to me when I watched it. My pain is pretty dull now but I thought the first few days I had really messed up having this done. I am better now except for thinking I might be getting hungry to often. I have lost 14 lbs since surgery so I am ok with that. Good luck to all of you and please keep in touch if you have time for another support needing person.
Brenda

lessofmein09

Ken Currin
on 11/14/08 10:09 am - South Hill, VA
I thought that left side pain was a kidney stone trying to form. I have been feeling it for a while. I think I am going good. Not eating a lot, never hungry and when I do eat, I don't get full. I ate protein drinks so I never get my protein in, at least I don't get 60gms per day.

But I have lost 46 pounds since my LSD days to today. All my cloths are so baggy, I cannot keep them on.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Old habits die hard
vb2305 · 1 replies · 1290 views
Off Track
barigal1 · 0 replies · 1249 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 911 views