2 Week post Op Stall

mjschfr
on 11/8/08 11:00 am
 Hello Everyone:

I am here just about 2 weeks post op (RNY) and kinda frustrated.  I started out on operation day at 333#.  6 days after surgery I had lost 25# and was extremely happy with my progress.  But between day 6 post op and today, about 7 days, I haven't lost anything.  I am stuck at 308#.

I would figure being on a liquid diet and only taking in about 400 calories a day I would be loosing, even without the surgery.  

I have an appointment on Thursday for follow up and hope they have some information for me.  I was just curious if anyone else had this issue.  

Hope you all are doing well!

Martin :)
Tishi65
on 11/10/08 10:14 am - GA
I have been the same for 4 days...ARGHHH.  I'm trying to be patient.lol

The only thing constant,...     is  change!
SharonZ
on 11/13/08 12:43 am
 I am 15 days post op and the same thing happened to me.  I lost nothing on days 11-14, but this morning I was down another pound.  

Keep up the good work.  My mom who is 6 years post op and doing great suggested that I weigh myself only 1x per week.   
lessofme2008
on 11/13/08 2:47 am - IL
I had a stall at week 2 and it lasted me 2 weeks. Now my scale is finally moving again! Yeah! From what I hear you will go through lots of stalls in the whole weight loss journey. It happens. Just keep it up and you will get past it.
CMR2595
on 11/16/08 8:12 am - CT
Yeah I hit the dreaded stall in week 3.....

Remember your body is in survival mode....soon it will 'learn' that you are not eating as much and it will be forced to use the fat to fuel your body.....right now its trying to figure out what the heck you did to yourself....so for now....be patient....keep up the good work of sticking to the program and drinking your water....Get as much exercise as your are allowed...because soon you will be watching the scale....move DOWN, DOWN, DOWN.....

Also, don't weigh everyday....pick your surgery day of the week to weigh in....and just do it once a week....daily fluctations mess with your head!

Another tip is to take your measurements...because sometimes post-op you start building muscle and it takes a few weeks to start losing pounds...but you will see it in your measurements....When I started....my waist was almost a 44....now its a 40...  I was wearing size 22 jeans...today I put on a pair of 18's..... and I am only a month out!  Keep faith....

Courtney
HW/SW/CW/GW: 301/298/179/154
Just had a baby....working off 25 lbs!
Mombo
on 11/21/08 8:29 am - Woodstock, GA

My surgeon tells me that in the first few weeks most of the weight you lose is water.  Even being on a liquid diet, you have to remember that a LOT of fluid was pushed into your body while you were in the hospital.  It takes a while for all of that to pass through.  Having lost 25# in six days is just the fluids leaving your body.  You may feel like you have stalled but when your body starts to get back to normal functions, that is when you will start seeing the actual weight loss.

I am about 3 1/2 weeks post op and I am down about 30# total.  I know it is hard to be patient but it will come off if you give it a little bit of time.

~Susan

Most Active
Recent Topics
Old habits die hard
vb2305 · 1 replies · 1290 views
Off Track
barigal1 · 0 replies · 1248 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 911 views