Help and Support

J. Cordero
on 11/9/08 12:39 pm - Union, NJ
I had the gastric bypass on 10/23, approx. 3 weeks ago. I had the first follow up and it went well, however, I read in the book that I can eat a scrambled egg on week two, so I did. Well, long and behold, the egg was stuck. I told the Dr and he just said not to do it again and it will pass. Well, today, 3.5 weeks (18 days) later, I have been trying to stay with fluids, yogurts, soups with mush vegis and water, juice. I don't seem to have an apitite really, and I don't really wan****er or fluids too much. Everything in my mouth started tasting really bad lately to the point where I don't want to even try anything. I hate the taste of the EAS protien shakes so I avoid them (had one since protien time), and I feel like the fluids and yogurt/soups are going to come back up. I didn't want to complaint yet, so I figured I will ask a few people on OH? Can someone assist or give suggestions?

Also, what kind of excersizing can I start with 450 on operation date.
shymomma
on 11/12/08 12:25 am
hi, I may not be much help but you are not alone. I can't do soup either, it does come back up. I have read a lot on here that eggs are hard for a lot of people, I am not trying them for a while. What about runny Cream of Wheat?  SF Popsicles? do you like crystal light?  I put some in a glass with lots of crushed ice and eat it with a spoon. It tastes like a icee and it helps get fluids in. Also, yesterday, I tried SF jello and lite cool whip. It was super good. I want to try SF pudding but I can't find any without sugar alcohol. Also, I have had SF cocoa with skim milk. I add a scoop of choc protein powder.
I think you will have to ask your Dr. about the exercise. Walking is always a safe one.
good luck!!
highest wt. 250. pre-surgery 238.  current 142.  
Tummy Tuck  1-25-11 
brinklaw
on 11/16/08 5:04 am - Pahoa, HI
 I'm having some problems with lack of appetite, too. I'm almost 3 weeks post-op, and have been on full liquids for 2 weeks. I felt good last week about what I was consuming, but this past week nothing has really tasted good enough for me to really want to eat it. The only things I've found that don't make me feel queasy just thinking about them are canned pea or bean soup, and some things I've made from scratch using SF recipes - crustless pumpkin pie with SF Cool Whip, custard, and fruit smoothies. 

It just seems like too much trouble to make something and only eat 4 oz of it at a time, but my husband likes to eat them, too. The crustless pie lasts for several days. It tastes better at room temperature than really cold.

My nutritionist recommends drinking 4 oz of something every hour between 8AM and 6PM. Even hours are full liquids and odd hours are water. I can't seem to get that much of the full liquids in, so sometimes on the even hours I have herbal tea or water with LiquaCell (protein additive) in it. If you stick to that schedule, you'll at least stay hydrated.

I don't know about the exercise. Sorry

Most Active
Recent Topics
Old habits die hard
vb2305 · 1 replies · 1291 views
Off Track
barigal1 · 0 replies · 1251 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 912 views