Uncomfortable Newbie

SimplyBeing Me
on 11/12/08 10:31 pm - Adirondacks, NY
well this is my 3rd week post op.. and i feel wonderful.  I have only one concern and that is very mild abdominal discomfort.. my doctors office said that its probably due to the fact that I have been walking more and more and its probably the muscles/nerve areas that were cut during surgery being stretched... Has anyone else every experienced abdominal discomfort..particullarly on the left side..

I had Rouxen Y --laproscopic.

thanks a newbie..:)
ec0576
on 12/1/08 3:35 am - NJ
Just wanted to say congratulations on your surgery!  Welcome to the forum!

I am sure your abdominal discomfort has subsided a little.  I would think it is normal,  you did have surgery.  Hang in there, there are good things to come!
bvom
on 12/1/08 11:15 am - CT
I'd been experiencing a bit of discomfort myself from iabout 3 weeks out and sporadically since.   My surgeon explained that before pulling out the laproscopic tools, on some of the incisions (the big one in the middle, for me) they put a stich or two to close it.  Those generally take 6-8 weeks for your body to absorb.   So while they're healing, it's normal to discomfort while moving about.

Hope this helps.
SimplyBeing Me
on 12/1/08 11:14 pm - Adirondacks, NY
thank you both for your input and yes the abdominal discomfort/pain at times is dissapating

Most Active
Recent Topics
Old habits die hard
vb2305 · 1 replies · 1291 views
Off Track
barigal1 · 0 replies · 1251 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 912 views