9 week update-Protein?

astrong1
on 12/13/08 9:48 am - Charlotte, NC
Hello all,

Just an update... I am feeling better than I have in years. Had surgery 10/10/08 and am 53 lbs down. The hardest thing is getting that darn protein in. And the H2O, well thats another story. I have finally figured out what works for me with the H2O ( constantly keep a bottle of water in my reach), but the protein, I have my good days and my bad days. Anybody out there have some ideas on protein. Post a typical day. HELP!
ASTRONG1   "WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OUTWEIGHS THE LOVE OF POWER, PEACE WILL BE PROBABLE"      
brinklaw
on 12/15/08 12:27 am - Pahoa, HI
 I'm 7 weeks postop and have lost 42 lbs, and am feeling like a new person! 

I was having trouble with the protein, too. I can't tolerate the protein shakes very well, so I've been using LiquaCell, which I was putting in my 64 oz bottle of water and sipping on all day. The dietician suggested putting 2 oz (32 mg) into an 8 oz glass of water and finishing it off in one sitting. (Not one gulp!) It's grape-flavored and somewhat sweet-tasting, but it's tolerable, so for the past few weeks I've been having that first, before breakfast. It's usually easy to get the rest of the protein in through food but, if for some reason I'm short at the end of the day, I have a little more LiquaCell and water before bed. 

Marcy Brinkley
astrong1
on 12/15/08 4:16 am - Charlotte, NC
THANKS MARCY, I'LL GIVE LIQUACELL A TRY.
ASTRONG1   "WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OUTWEIGHS THE LOVE OF POWER, PEACE WILL BE PROBABLE"      
ec0576
on 12/21/08 10:35 pm - NJ
Did you have lap band?
astrong1
on 12/22/08 9:36 am - Charlotte, NC
No.  I had RNY.
imnotknitting
on 12/29/08 1:44 am
Hey! I am 13 weeks post op and have lost 70 pounds (89 since my first visit to the doc). I too struggle with not getting enough protein. My doc says I am allowed to try to eat anything now, so I tried the Atkins protein bars and they are not bad at all. I also tried their shake wich is A LOT more tolerable than anything else I have tried. Ever since I have started on those, I feel so much better and have so much more energy. With H2O, I have good days and bad days. I do better at home than at work.

My biggest struggle is getting in all of my vitamins.

Tina

P.S. I eat the protein bars in addition to my meals.
Mommy to 2 of the most beauiful little girls in the whole universe and still in love with my hubby of 8 years. LIFE IS GOOD!
(deactivated member)
on 12/30/08 2:05 pm
Please take this for what it is worth. I tired many many many different proteins and hated them all. I then I tried BSN Syntha-6 and I love it. the flavors are great. I think the strawberry tastes like nesquick. It is higher in fat and carbs then my doctor would like but, it falls within his calorie and sugar guidelines so he has agreed that letting me use it is better than not getting any protein. I can't say my weightloss has been effected because I had lap band on Oct. 16, 2008 and I am down 40+ lbs. I couldn't be more pleased. So please check it out. It has been a God send for me. It has 200 calories, 6 grams of fat, 2 grams of sugar, 23 grams of protein mixed with 4-5 oz of water. Be sure to check with your doctor before trying it.

Good luck-
Jo
wvuabby35
on 1/12/09 12:53 am - TN
Hi all!  I had surgery on Oct. 21 and due to strictures have had trouble getting all of my protein and water.  However, now I am better, feeling great and getting them in.  I just wanted to chime in that I really love the Syntrax Nectar protein drinks, especially the fuzzy navel (sooooo yummy).  I start off with one of those in the morning and it's like starting my day off with a glass of juice.  I went to my 3 month appointment on Friday and am down 126 from the first consult appointment and 78 since surgery.
Ash

Most Active
Recent Topics
Old habits die hard
vb2305 · 1 replies · 1291 views
Off Track
barigal1 · 0 replies · 1251 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 912 views