Over 2 Years Post-Op How is everyone doing??

Renee3846
on 1/9/11 1:16 am
Hi Everyone,
It is already 2 years post-op since my VSG in 10/2008. Wow hard to believe. I have had some struggles the further out I get but for sure more control to get back on track then before surgery! I do not regret for a second in having the surgery..it has changed my health and life..thank god! Please share your triumps, challenges, suggestions and struggles if any!!
Renee'

Thankful for another chance to get it right!
High//Current/Goal
305/209/145
updated: 1/9/11   
(deactivated member)
on 1/12/11 5:06 am
 Hi Sweetie!  Yep--hard to believe I'll be 2 yrs. post surgery at the end of Feb. for me too.  I'm doing pretty well--gained 3 lbs. with the holidays--screwed up everything--now I'm craving the carbs.  Can't believe how much candy was (is) in the house.  Found out I can't eat much of the stuff though--got really ill feeling--not the dumping type of ill--just felt really strange.  Would've loved to have known what my blood sugar was.  Still dealing with POTS--it's pretty clear the loss of so much weight was the cause.  I know you want to reach goal--and you will--but I do remember the doc saying that the higher the BMI the harder it'll be to get there.  It seems everyone can do the 1st 100--but more than that is a challenge.  Stick with it--I'm rooting for ya!  Hope to see you soon, Susan
Renee3846
on 1/12/11 9:54 am
Hi Susan, Yeah the first 100 was fairly easy. I am happy with the loss I have had so far but still want to loss another 50-60 pds. to be where I know I will feel 100%. Take care and yes... I will see you soon!!
Renee'

High//Current/Goal
305/209/145
shymomma
on 2/10/11 9:41 am
Hi Renee,
I am doing pretty good. I got down to 138 but then got back up to 148. I am struggling way more then before. I had a tummy tuck recently and now I am back down to 142. I sure miss Dr. Trotter!!!  I am so glad I had WLS.
My struggle is that I seem to want more sugar and carbs and I can eat way more than I use to. Good luck on your journey!
highest wt. 250. pre-surgery 238.  current 142.  
Tummy Tuck  1-25-11 
Tangerine4
on 3/22/11 2:40 am - Rochester, NY
Hey everyone, I'm doing really well aside from an awful bout with kidney stones recently that they think was directly related to the weight loss.  Anyway I'm below goal, I follow all my rules and eat almost anything I want just hardly any of it.

This is the best thing I have ever done and has allowed me an opportunity to learn to love excercise. I got to the gym 4 days a week and actually feel lousy when  I don't.  The hardest thing I think it knowing how medications will absorb and effect you.

I am grateful for this opportunity and hope that I never revert to old habits.  I have been a great example to my four kids and I am proud of this accomplishment.  I have never felt better in my life.

Good luck to all of you!
Jennifer Louise
236/112/goal 125
Nina E.
on 6/7/11 11:02 am

Hello Oct 08ers!

I can hardly believe it will be 3 years in oct!

My life is totally different. I am thankful and humbled.  and I am still losing. I have lost 30lbs since November.  My only regret... that I didn't do it sooner.

Keep on keepin on!

Nina ~~   BMI was 52, now 26.1 (normal). From size 26/28 to 10 pants and 2xl/24 shirt to xs/sm shirts. SW/CW/surgean Goal/mynew GW 322/161/180/165     I Heart MY DS!!

Renee3846
on 2/13/11 11:07 am
Hi Shy..I too miss Dr.Trotter. I feel I may have gotten a little farther if I would have got my full year of after surgery care with him. I know it is all up to me, but to have had that support of him and his office was huge to me. I too also know that I can now eat cards and all that other not so good fo me stuff...that was may problem before....take care and if you ever need to chat..send me a message, I would love t talk with you.

Renee'
Renee'

High//Current/Goal
305/209/145
Most Active
Recent Topics
Old habits die hard
vb2305 · 1 replies · 1290 views
Off Track
barigal1 · 0 replies · 1248 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 911 views