Oct 28th 330pm est. surgery Starting liquid diet tonight at 12am

NOMAD03
on 10/24/09 10:54 am - oriskany, NY
RNY on 10/28/09 with

Any suggestions or encouragement?  I have to start my liquid diet tonight at midnight, my surgery is october 28th at 330pm est.

Greg

(deactivated member)
on 10/25/09 6:46 am

Congrats on your upcoming surgery and hope all goes well.  I had my surgery on the 15th and I was scared in so many ways.  I was afraid it would be so painful and so hard to follow through with.  I remember the week of nothing but liquids before the surgery and how my stomach just growled and growled.  Now after all said and done, the pain wasn't bad at all and I am not hungry or craving food at all.  I feel good and I actually feel like I have more energy for some reason.  I think my outlook on life is different and I'm so ready for the new ME.  Good luck on your surgery and you'll do fine.  You'll be surprised at how well you feel afterwards.  Don't get me wrong the first 2 days the bloating was painful but other then that it was smooth.  Let us know how you do.  You'll be in my thoughts !

Barbi M.
on 11/3/09 4:44 am - Maplewood, NJ
I had my RNY Oct 28 too.  On day five of recovery and getting liquids in pretty well, I have a new pain on my left side today that feels like a broken rib, but with walking I hope it will go away.  I also had to have a hernia repaired so I have a little additional healing and pain but all in all feel good.  I can't stand the sweetness of the protein drinks, and find I have no appetite at all.  I never thought I'd say that.  I hope your surgery went well.  It's nice to have someone on the same track of the journey. 
Barbi

Most Active
Recent Topics