MIRACLE PROTEIN DRINKS YOU HAVE TO TRY!!!!

Amanda S.
on 10/27/09 3:08 am - OK
PLEASE READ THIS IF YOU ARE HAVING A HARD TIME GETTING YOUR PROTEIN IN!!!!  Okay so some of you might be experiencing this already and for those lucky few be so glad you aren't but the reg protein drinks I've been drinking I've gotten to the point where I'm actually gagging at the smell of them and haven't been able to get my protein in since the surgery because it's been so horrible.  I'd try everyday to get as much down as possible and it just wasn't getting better it kept getting less and less each day!  So when I went in for my 2 week post op at my dr's office he told me about this particular brand of protein mixes that he is selling in his office and I'm telling you these are totally my saving grace!!  So I had to tell everyone about it!  The brand is UNJURY and you can find them at www.unjury.com.  They have receipes and you can order it online to ship to your house.  I know I've gotten real sick of the sweet stuff and they even have a chicken soup broth flavor and I'm telling you it's sooooo good!!!!  The other one I bought was the chocolate and one of the girls that works for my dr had the surgery 4 years ago and she said she loves it in her decaf coffee and I'm telling you if you like coffee it's like a mocha coffee!  I just use the coffee with the scoop of chocolate and noting else is needed it's sweet and creamy!!  This whole protein thing has had me so down because I hadn't been able to get all my protein in everyday and since I got these last Friday it's been so wonderful to drink!  Oh and to me the best part is that there is literally NOOOOO after taste!!  That was a big one for me too, I don't know about you all but that was HUGE for me!  Well I hope this helps someone out there because I call tell you I wish I'd know about this sooner.  I knew that my dr sold protein shakes but I didn't think much of it till I went to my check up and told him about the hard time I was having.  He'd never made a big deal about it in all of my previous appts and I told him he REALLY needs to stress for ALL of his patients to try the brand he sells in the office!  I guess he's trying not to pu**** on people but I'm telling you after all of the ones I've tried and didn't like he totally needs to make a bigger deal about that brand of protein!  Let me know if anyone tries it!  I can't wait for you all to try them.  I haven't tried the other flavors yet but I tell ya I'm enjoying these so much I can't wait!  
Sharon S.
on 12/10/09 10:39 am
I'm so glad to read your post.  I am anxious to try.  Thanks!

Amanda S.
on 12/16/09 9:21 am - OK
I'm so glad you are trying it!  For me it was definately my saving grace!!  I drink the chocolate everyday.  I warm my milk and mix the protein and I swear it tastes like a hot chocolate or I'll add it to my coffee and it tastes like a mocha coffee.  Please let me know how you like it.  I hope you love it as much as I do!  I couldn't drink anything else and I tried a bunch!!  So prayerfully it'll work great for you too! 

nickster1
on 8/22/10 6:02 am - DeSoto, TX
VSG on 08/24/10 with
Thanks so much for the info!!  I just ordered the chocolate and the chicken soup.  My VSG surgery is August 24th and I was worried about finding a palatable mix.

THANKS AGAIN!

HW: 231.5   SW: 224.4   CW: 222.0 

joanagan
on 8/24/10 12:29 pm - Inglewood, CA
I did an online search for a forum because I was having such a hard time with the protein drinks.  I was hoping someone could help.  Thanks for your post.  I will try the chicken soup for sure and check out the others.  Thing is, I don't like milk.  In fact, I am allergic to it, beef, and all beef byproducts.  Does this brand have to mixed with milk?  Meanwhile, I was supposed to drink two 20oz. bottles of Isopure every day.  (I had my surgery five days ago)  I just couldn't do it.  The taste is terrible and the after taste is even worse.  I did find some 3oz. protein drinks that weren't good, but at least less to drink.  So I switched and found that the Berry Punch is the most tolerable. (made by Champion) I am able to get it down within about half an hour, using juice or water to wa**** down.  Be careful not to drink anything too fast, though. 
Most Active
Recent Topics