3rd week out food Question

Sunflower143
on 10/27/09 12:15 pm

Hello everyone I am on my third week out and I refuse to eat anymore broth. I am pretty much doing ISOPURE and other protein throughout the day and try to eat pureed foods three times a day maybe an ounce or two. I just want see if everyone thinks my diet is okay right now.
Morning: This morning I had Egg beaters with a little bit of cheese mixed in them 2ounces
All day I had my isopure and protein shakes..although I know I am way behind in my protein intake.
Dinner : I pureed a turkey meatball and has a little bit of mashed potato - no butter or anything like that.
After I do eat I am immediately in the bathroom usually . Not sick vomitting but everything pretty much goes through me. I am still pretty tired sometimes and I know it is because I hate my vitamins..they taste horrible and I feel like I cannot take them all in or I am going to get sick.
Today I went to the market and got some more soups ...all following the rules of course. I was thinking about making shephards pie tomorrow for my husband the daughter and maybe try blending some up for me and adding some protein powder.
Now this is the crazy Question I needed to ask. The one thing that never makes me feel sick when I eat them are these veggie stix from the all natural food store. They are like healthy chip sticks I guess. 1oz is 130 cal fat 4 g and no sugar. I never have more than a couple because I fee llike I dont want to push anything but they seem to digest great and they melt right in your mouth. Is this okay?
Thanks everyone!

JaeOnasi
on 10/29/09 8:08 am - Kenosha, WI
This sounds like a great question for your dietician--s/he will be able to look at the nutrient content and give you a professional opinion on it.  I'd also talk to the dietician about the vitamins.  There are lots out there so I'm betting they could find one that doesn't taste so icky to you. 

About the vitamin issue--very important to take them as we all know. :)  My aunt had RNY 9 years ago and she uses OptiSource vitamins.  She gets them from Walgreens and says they're a citrus flavor.  She's done well with them and  also recommended them to me, even though I don't have the malabsorption issue with the lapband.  My dad uses them as well,  because he had to have surgery for esophageal cancer and lost about 2/3 of his stomach along with a part of his esophagus.  He was getting very tired all the time, and his fatigue improved dramatically after he started using OptiSource. 
I'm proud to be a Geeky Mom, and read about it here (clicky)!

Laura M.
on 11/19/09 12:42 pm
About your diet questions.... Can you have fat free cottage cheese, light cheese sticks, sugar free pudding in cups, apple sauce, I make sure what ever I eat it is protein.  I'm almost 6 weeks out.  Recovery has been a breeze.  I actually found today "sugar free Oreo's".  You can have 2 for 100 calories and 5 gm fat. and 2 protein.  I didn't have any dumping with it.  I do pretty good with my vitamins.  AM: B12, protonix, Centrum Chewable (but I just break in half and swallow) Noon: I have 1 colace stool softner, 2 calcium w/vitamin D  Dinner: 2nd centrum chewable.   I had liquid stools for about 5 weeks.  But when I started with calcium tablets that is when the constipation started.   Your healthy chip sticks would be a snack but it doesn't have any protein.  You should only be eating protein foods.  If no protein.... it's not for you.  Hope this helps.
Laura McD
Most Active
Recent Topics