This Oct. 27th kiddo is home!

JaeOnasi
on 10/28/09 11:05 am - Kenosha, WI
Any other October 27th people home?  I had my lap-band surgery on Tuesday morning and came home today.  Yep, I'm rather bloated like everyone else is after any lap procedure, but getting up and walking helps move the air around and out.  I'm tired and sore, but I'm glad the surgery's done now. I feel better today than I did yesterday, and I'm tickled to have that improvement.  Hope all of you are recovering well, too!
I'm proud to be a Geeky Mom, and read about it here (clicky)!

healthymommy
on 10/29/09 1:53 am

I had my lap-band surgery on Oct.26th. I was sent home the same day, wish they would have kept me. It was a ruff night sleep. But I am feeling stronger everyday as well, and feeling a little hungry today. That scares me.  What did your Dr. say about your diet for the first week?..Keep up the good recovery!

JaeOnasi
on 10/29/09 2:11 am, edited 10/29/09 2:19 am - Kenosha, WI
I had the option to go home the same night, but our house is an hour away from the hospital, and I just wasn't feeling good enough.  So, I stayed overnight and got as much rest as I could.  It worked out for the best since the dietician came in the next morning and made sure I had everything set up at home with shakes and pureed food and such, and reviewing the food instructions with her was good.  It's a little easier to get up and around today, but I'm still sore, which is expected.  The respiratory people told me to keep doing my incentive spirometry for a week (10 times an hour when I'm awake), and if they told you all to keep on doing it, hang in there with it.  A minute or two once an hour to keep the lungs functioning well, especially for us asthmatics, is well worth it.  :)

You know, I did get a bit hungry yesterday after having nothing but clears, but once I got home and drank that first protein shake, I was full after about a third of it.  It took me an hour to drink the whole thing. I had my first pureed food this morning, and was very happy to have my decaf coffee (added 1% milk for a bit more protein).  I ate tiny bites very slowly and got full pretty fast.  I have to drink protein shakes 3 times a day between the meals, and that takes awhile and definitely is filling me up.  When I get hungry, I sure don't stay that way for very long. 

Edit--didn't have the coffee with the meal, by the way.  I'm not supposed to drink anything a half hour before or after the meal.  Thought I'd clarify.  Man, the vicodin syrup works great for killing pain, but makes my brain rather mushy. 

I'm proud to be a Geeky Mom, and read about it here (clicky)!

Most Active
Recent Topics