3rd day out and am very hungry

rpascual
on 10/30/09 5:47 pm
Lap Band on 10/28/09 with
I've been following the recommended liquid diet for 1 week post op with carnation instant breakfast, lowfat yogurts, soups, juices, protein supplements, etc.. but am feeling quite hungry constantly.

Is this normal?  I hope I am not missing something.

Any info and advice is highly appreciated.

14cc large AP band 1st fill 12/10/09 4cc's 2nd fill 1/21/10 2cc's 3rd fill 3/4/10 2cc's
total 8cc

healthymommy
on 10/30/09 10:48 pm
Omg...I thought there was something wrong with me I was banded on Oct.26th and I am getting real hunger pains.I have been foll lowing the same diet as you, but I do feel as though my stomach could handle more substantial texture. Was considering putting some "real" food into the blender this weekend. I have for the most part resumed all my regular activity, how are you finding the recovery?

rpascual
on 10/31/09 6:06 am
Lap Band on 10/28/09 with
Fourth day seems to be much better.  Although I am a little emotionally drained and loss my temper a bit today with the wife for being late and wasting my daughter and I's time while she was away getting a massage.   I do not like being  unable to drive based on the post op directions.

My hunger pangs have subsided but they seem to come later in the day.  I'll see if I get them once again prior to going to bed.

Thanks for replying and best of luck with your quest for success.

14cc large AP band 1st fill 12/10/09 4cc's 2nd fill 1/21/10 2cc's 3rd fill 3/4/10 2cc's
total 8cc

Jennifer R.
on 10/31/09 6:25 am - Fullerton, CA
 I had the same problem. Every commercial I saw on TV would remind me of all the food I couldn't have and just made me hungrier. Most of it was head hunger, not physical hunger though...I know that now but at the moment it was kind of hard to see.

It gets better each day...and I highly recommend staying away from sugar! I have more energy that I ever have now that I haven't had caffeine or sugar - it's amazing!!

Good Luck!
Jennifer

Courage is not always a lion's roar. Sometimes, it is a small voice at the end of the day saying I will try again tomorrow.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Diet Plans

"When you change the way you see things, the things you see will change."

Most Active
Recent Topics