3 days out

adatex
on 11/1/09 11:05 am - Houston, TX
I had my surgery on 10/28/09 and have been recovering lil' by lil'.  I've been drinking water, diet snapple, jello, broth but not getting very hungry.  I do have a pain on my left side not sure if this is normal or maybe because I had my gall bladder removed as well as a piece of a bump on my stomach that was found and sent to the pathologist.

and the gases...ugggghh!!! they feel horrible, but Gas-X strips are helping a bit.

Hope everyone else is recuperating smoothly.
 Adabel P.
HW 324 / SW 318/ CW 179 / GW 155

DreamofJeanne
on 11/1/09 11:22 am - Highlands Ranch, CO
Congrats to you! I am now 5 days out and the gas is awful, but I have read to be extra careful taking too many of those gas strips.  They can cause more pain in the long run.  

I am having pain on my right side, but after a call to the doctor he said it is probably a muscle pull.  It makes it very hard to get up and walk. 

I am also not too hungry in the belly, but an battling head hunger. 

Good luck and swift recovery to you!

Jeanne

hollysmiles2001
on 11/8/09 9:23 am - Lancaster, PA
hollysmiles2001
on 11/8/09 9:24 am - Lancaster, PA
Jeanne - I know what you mean about the head hunger. I had a strong bout of head hunger my 2nd week post-op. I wanted a cheeseburger, well at least I thought I did!  lol It got better once I moved on to pureed foods the 3rd week.
hollysmiles2001
on 11/8/09 9:21 am, edited 11/8/09 9:24 am - Lancaster, PA
Adatex - I had lap RNY 10/13 and I found that walking helped with the gas. Just remember to sip sip sip and it's best to think of food as survival and another aid in your weight loss journey. I'm almost 4 weeks out and I don't get hungry, but I know it's part of my daily schedule. Good luck to you!
Most Active
Recent Topics