different kind of pain

shannipoo714
on 11/3/09 9:49 pm
I'm having a sharp stabbing pain in my stomach area on the left side.  I think it's gas, but it feels like a "stitch" in my side...like I ran to much.  If it doesn't go away soon, I'll call the dr., but did anyone else experience this? I'm one week out of surgery. Thanks
DreamofJeanne
on 11/4/09 11:17 am - Highlands Ranch, CO
I have also!  See my post a few rows down.  It comes and goes, but is worse if I have been sitting for some time.  i thought it was gas, but it lasted too long.  I did call the Dr and he said I probably pulled a muscle getting up or something.  I jsut rested really well the next day and it is better now. 

Hope that helps,
Jeanne

shannipoo714
on 11/4/09 7:54 pm

Thanks Jeanne! I found another site that had message boards and they all said the same thing...pulled muscle.  That's what I had been thinking.  I rested last night and this morning it feels better.  I'm supposed to see the Dr. at 1pm, but the pain is almost gone now.  Thank you for replying.

Barbi M.
on 11/9/09 11:22 pm - Maplewood, NJ
I had it too about a week out.  I walked more and it went away.  I think mine may have been gas, as the walking took care of it.  I don't mean a long walk, just down my street and back again. I am on my 2nd week and am starting to feel human again.  Just tired, and not too much energy.  I have already lost 25lbs, that I find overwhelming. 
Barbi

leliabug
on 11/13/09 6:52 am - GA
I have this same pain. My doctor explains to me that this is where the largest, most invasive incision occured...where they put in the stapler.  This is also the only place where I have an internal "stitch" will eventually dissolve and heal.  I was in agony for a while, but I'm 5 weeks out now, and it is starting to feel better.  I find that at the end of the week, it hurts a bit, especially if I sit too long.

Most Active
Recent Topics