New Pain?!?!?!?!

Amanda S.
on 1/25/10 9:16 am - OK
Okay so for the past several weeks I've had this pain in my left side of my stomach. (which is the side where the most work was done)  But when I went to the dr last week he says he thinks it's scar tissue and wants to do a diagnostic laproscopy (MORE HOLES!!)  I'm kinda freaking out because I have no idea if that is infact what it is and I'm so allergic to anesthesia and after getting pneumonia when I had my surgery I'm VERY apprehensive if you can imagine.  I'm going to call my primary and get a second opinion.  I totally trust my dr but that made me a bit nervous to say he's going to open me up and doesn't know FOR SURE that's what it is, ya know??  I don't know if any of you have heard of this or are having this kind of pain.  The best way to describe the pain is when you've strained something and it sometimes goes into my back like my back is out or something??  It's so strange and so hard to explain.  All I know is that it's becoming more constant and it's totally preventing me from working out!!  Ugghh!!  I thought at first that I'd herniated something.  I've never had a hernia but the pain I'm having to me would describe it.  Does this make any sense to anyone??  I'm a bit at a loss.  He has actually scheduled me for a colonscopy which I don't have a sensativity to that at least so I'm not concerned about that and I am due for one so I'm totally okay with it.  He did say he wanted to wait to see what that showed but that he was doing the diagnostic lap reguardless to removed the scar tissue if any.  The other thing is the dr bills are rolling in and I have a sinking feeling my insurance isn't probably going to want to pay for this either??  We'll see i guess but I'm going to call my ins and find out what they have to say about even covering it.  All I know is that this is completely misserable and it's totally making me feel depressed.  I was feeling SOOOO good and now it feels like I'm going backwards with the pain anyway!!  Well if anyone has ANY insite please share!! 

leliabug
on 2/11/10 9:32 am - GA
I just saw your post about the left-sided pain, and I too have had it.  Off and on since a few weeks after surgery.  My doc says it is  where the "stitch" was put in internally.  It is exactly as you describe it, and it feels much like when you get a "stitch" in your side from exertion.  I had a CT scan, which showed nothing.  The good news is that it doesn't happen as often as it did, so maybe it is healing.  Let me know what happened/happens with your pain!  Good luck!

Amanda S.
on 3/2/10 1:35 pm - OK
okay now that pain is completely subsided!! WOOHOO!!  Thank you so much for posting your reply!  I'm just glad to know i wasn't totally alone with that!  It was so crazy and so very painful!  I was scared to death that I'd have to go under again!  I'm sooo very glad I didn't have to!  I hope you are doing better now too!  :)

Most Active
Recent Topics