Old habits die hard

(deactivated member)
on 2/5/12 10:21 pm
 Hi everyone! I am new to this site, but am hoping being on here will give me the boost I need to lose my last few pounds! I had my surgery (Realize band) in October of 2009. I have been doing great until the last year or so. I am more active then ever, working out on a daily basis and triathlon training, but my eating habits are terrible! I keep telling myself it's just food and I don't need it, but if it was that easy I wouldn't been in this boat to start out with! I have heard that this is common for people who are a couple years out from their surgery...anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions on getting past it? 
Barbi M.
on 3/2/12 1:32 pm - Maplewood, NJ
I had RNY October 2009.  I initially lost 106 lbs and didn't reach my goal.  I stalled, and hit a plateau and never really lost any more.  Now I have gained 12lbs and feel awful.  I had  stopped eating all sugars but have introduced them back into my diet, without dumping so I have begun having cravings again.  I still can't eat large amounts of food, but I have been eating the wrong things.  I am on the road as I am an actor in a touring company, and bad food choices are frequent.  I try to work out 30 min a day, but not every day.  I saw your post and agree that it's time to be accountable, and get back on track.  Thanks for posting this thought and helping me get my rear in gear as they say. 

Most Active
Recent Topics