10 days until surgery and allergy specific Liquid diet started today!

AZPapillion
on 10/1/10 10:04 pm
Lap Band on 10/12/10 with
Yep, I found out on Tuesday that the insurance approved the Lap Band for me and surgery was scheduled for 2 weeks later. On Thursday I had a group nutritionist meeting at the doctors office and talked to the nutritionist afterwards about me specifically and she said that I should start a liquid diet before surgery.

Normally - that would be no big deal, but I have food allergies to: cow's milk (the basis for whey), soy, wheat, and a whole mess of other foods so I'm being creative when it comes to food to ensure that I have my 1000 calories, no more than 100 g of carbohydrates, and at least 60 grams of protein.

So, after hearing the news on Thursday, i decided that I needed Friday to plan and shop and here it is Saturday and I'm starting the liquid diet.

Much of what I purchased yesterday was fairly low calorie and high protein and I decided that since I was going to make my own shakes, i purchased a flat of 16 oz water bottles from Costco (double purpose). 1 each bottle is 2 glasses of water and then I can pour any shakes or soups into the bottle and freeze as needed with the ability to write calories, protein, and what it is on the bottle (after cleaning them of course!)

How many others have food allergies or don't want to spend the money on prepackaged protein drinks or want food with good flavor (as we don't have much of a choice with texture)? I'd love to talk recipes and be creative and not spend more than normal on the food...

Thanks!

Kim

A bit about me: I'm 6'1" tall and 36 years young.. :)
HW: 367 / SW: 337 / GW: 160-175 (depending on how I am)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Failed again
Norma 1010 · 0 replies · 929 views
Anyone here anymore?
Heather Lundquist · 3 replies · 1037 views
Cravings
peaceandlove · 1 replies · 775 views