Everyone who's going on the 27th comment here!

Heather Lundquist
on 10/21/10 11:57 pm - Hamburg, NY
5 days left!

Day 10 on the liver reduction diet and I am so sick and tired of these shakes. Ugh! Lost 14 lbs so far tho, even if I have pcos. No wonder when you're not eating really much.

amc9284
on 10/22/10 10:43 am - Saranac Lake, NY
I'm right with you. 

I had to start the shakes on monday and the liquids....its killing me.  By the time this part is over I'm gonna be happy not to look at just liquids.....sigh oh well its gotta be done though to make me better right?

Good luck and I'll say a prayer for you before I go in for mine!!
Heather Lundquist
on 10/22/10 11:00 am - Hamburg, NY
Thank you I will pray for your too. What is your first name?

I was bad today, but just got back right on track. At least it was protein. LOL

I'll be so glad when it's not SHAKES all the time. Ugh!

amc9284
on 10/23/10 1:01 am - Saranac Lake, NY
My name is Amee.  I live in upstate NY.  It is very fortunate for me that the hospital where I'm having my surgery done is only 5 minutes from my apt.  I've stayed on track, but I am craving something actually solid.  Last night it was soooo cold here that I had a warm bowl of broth and seasoned it, with a crap load of pepper....lol  only a few more days to go right?!?!?!  Which proceedure are you having?  I'm doing RNY.  I'll have atleast a 3 day stay in the hospital, so just in time to be out to see kids trick or treating, and take my little guy around.  I know how in different I'll feel towards the treats.  Bright side...we'll be able to taste Turkey at Thanksgiving!

What things are you doing to keep yourself busy in these final days?  My boyfriend and I are going to do some cleaning, and I have birthday cards/decorations to make for my little boy and start making the RSVP cards for my friend's wedding invites.
Heather Lundquist
on 10/23/10 2:12 am - Hamburg, NY
Hi Amee!

I'm getting an open RNY done here in Buffalo at 8:15AM. Our hospital is about 20-25 mins from our apartment, as it's downtown, and we live in a suburb. I'll be in for 3 days, too, but hope I can go home Friday evening because my husband doesn't have Saturday off nor can he get it off as he already is taking Friday off (his weekends this shift is Weds/Thurs). I do have a BFF babysitting my son on Saturday when hubby's at work if I do in fact have to stay 3 full days. One prob is my dad said he can pick me up but he has a huge GMC Sierra truck and they say no trucks (too high) or sportscars (too low). So he will have to maybe borrow a friend of his' truck or something. But that's a minor problem really. Had my car been on the road (PT Cruiser) he could of used it. But I took it off the road as insurance got to be too expensive for our 1 income family who has 2 cars. So it's in storage at my Dad's without plates, wrapped up for the winter.

I will be writing a list of things to get done in the next few days and things to bring with during the hospital stay. I am bringing my laptop and webcam and will be updating fb and twitter and my youtube channel... :)

Have a great weekend! Our last weekend as pre-oppers!

amc9284
on 10/23/10 7:40 am - Saranac Lake, NY
I'm def bringing my laptop.  I'm a scrapbooker and cardmaker so I'll be bringing stuff to put  together that I've already cut out.  Between my mom and boyfriend I'll get home, but I know that at the hospital I'll be at I'll get top notch (employment there helps).  I'm sure Buffalo Med will be great as well!  I'm planning on Thursday walking down the cashier's office from our Surgical floor to get my paycheck...its not a long walk, but it will be a good one.  I know that about 30-45 mins after I get to the floor the PT will be there to get me up walking. I dont know how up I'm gonan be for that!! I didn't want to move the morning after my c-section!

I've been working today on getting my house all in order so the boys have an easy week...my boyfriend is lucky and getting a little break from my son.  My mom is the Office Manager for the bariatric center here, and she'll get to get out of work a little early to get my son-which I think she's excited for.  If you want to find me on fb (maybe we'll be on at the same times while in the hospital) you can find me under Amee Margaret Smith.
gzummo
on 10/30/10 2:59 pm - PA
Hi Heather!!

I also went in for surgery on the 27th.  I got the lap band!  I agree, this liquid diet is for the birds. Weird though, I seem to like cooking for everybody lately, even though I can't eat anything. lol
Gina Z
Lap Band WLS
karen D.
on 11/1/10 7:33 am - Trenton, NJ
 I HAD MY SURGERY ON OCT. 27 AND I FEEL JUST A LITTLE WEAK BUT ALL AND ALL GREAT.

KAREN

Heather Lundquist
on 11/27/10 12:39 am - Hamburg, NY
 Hey everyone!

How are you all doing? I'm down 41#s now but this week hit a plateau. Hope to get out and walk or do some Leslie Sansone dvds to get the scale moving again. Also, more water and more protein!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Failed again
Norma 1010 · 0 replies · 929 views
Anyone here anymore?
Heather Lundquist · 3 replies · 1037 views
Cravings
peaceandlove · 1 replies · 775 views