Hey Oct 2010 WLS people!

Linds_littleblackdress
on 6/9/14 2:40 pm - calgary, Canada

How is everyone doing now that we are nearly 4 years post op? any issues?

hw 296 pow 286 sw 265    height 5'5   Lowest weight after surgery 159 current weight 181

WhatTheGut
on 12/23/14 4:48 pm - Dallas, TX

No major issues here. I still have restriction (feeling full quickly) though not as much as I would like. I can tolerate just about anything food-wise though milk, pasta, bread, and rice still make me uncomfortable. Have regained about 30% from my lowest point, so coming back here to get re-focused. I know it is because I snack too often and don't exercise. Peanut butter and cheeses seem to be my biggest problem foods, because they go down so easily and are high-calorie. I also seem to be running low on Vit. D each time I get a panel done, and still have to supplement with that. Can have pretty bad reflux and wake up gagging on acid if I eat close to bedtime, but I am careful not to do that, so it is pretty rare. Still glad to have had the surgery, even with the regain.

high:324 bmi:47.8 || vsg 10.28.10: 291 (-33)

“Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.? - John Wayne  
Linds_littleblackdress
on 12/23/14 10:05 pm - calgary, Canada

Good to hear!!!

i don't regret mine either! I had had some regain, roughly 25lbs of regain but still down 100. I hear you on the eating right before bed and the acid reflux!! That is the worst feeling in the world waking up gagging on acid you inhaled. I'm permanently on Prevacid, use to down 2-4 Zantac 150mg for the longest time and then my Dr suggested Prevacid and it's been so amazing not feeling heartburn ever (except the reflux in the middle of the night)

i find ins my restriction comes and goes depending what I'm eating. It's its whole foods and protein I can feel it but if it's crap like chips I feel like I can eat infinity.

I know it's all food intake for me, I exercise 5 times a week usually so I know I need to make changes in my diet. Thinking of doing paleo since it's pretty close to the post surgery diet just with no dairy.

keep up the good work!! We can beat this horrible disease!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Failed again
Norma 1010 · 0 replies · 926 views
Anyone here anymore?
Heather Lundquist · 3 replies · 1029 views
Cravings
peaceandlove · 1 replies · 772 views