Surgery Date Wa Hoo !!!!

frank1
on 9/19/11 11:54 am - VA
 Surgery Date of Oct 10 !!!!  pre op class and dietary class 9-20. Lots of questions to be answered. I kinda know the answers but reenforcement is nice !
ChristineTX1970
on 9/19/11 6:20 pm - TX
Congrats! It will be here before you know it.

Sarah2011
on 9/27/11 1:10 pm - OH

MY sugery is oct 18th im so excited! DOES anyone have ay pointers on this optifast stuff i have to be on it for 4 weeks started it sept 19th.. im doing well...

cateyz
on 10/1/11 10:33 pm, edited 10/4/11 5:59 am - East Amherst, NY
I was on the Optifast diet prior to my Lap-band surgery in 2008. The surgeon for my revision to RNY has not specified that I need to be that strict but has put me on a no-carb diet now that I am 11 days out from my surgery date!

When I was on the Optifast diet before... it really wasn't that difficult AFTER the first 2-3 days. The first few days are rough... a little to do with head hunger and habits. Just focus, keep drinking water or other allowed liquids when you feel your mind drifting to "I'm hungry" and within a couple of days you will notice you really aren't feeling hungry anymore. My diet consisted of 5 Optifast shakes a day (800 calories) and was supplemented with chicken broth, water and sugar-free jellos/popcicles.

Good luck! 
Diana
  "Great things are not done on impulse, but by a series of small things brought together." ~Vincent Van Gogh                    
Apple-Jax
on 10/2/11 11:28 am
your date is coming up!  best wishes!!  i started a group for sept-dec wls patients if you would like to join so i can add your date and we can all compare notes!

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Fall_2011_WLS/tab,0/page,1/ #my_groups_main:1

Support Group for Fall 2011 WLS! Please come and join!
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Fall_2011_WLS/

cateyz
on 10/4/11 6:38 am - East Amherst, NY
 Thank you so much for the well wishes and the group invite. I see your date is 11/1/11. I'll be trying to post about 1 week post-op so indeed comparison of notes may begin!

I wish you the best as well :) see you on the other side!
~Diana
  "Great things are not done on impulse, but by a series of small things brought together." ~Vincent Van Gogh                    
Most Active
Recent Topics