Looking forward to surgery just to get off Pre-Op diet!

(deactivated member)
on 10/6/11 10:27 pm
 Seriously, 2 week pre-op diet has been TOUGH! My diet looks like this:

4 protein shakes/day (rarely do I drink them all - they're making me nauseous now)
"full liquids" for snacks (s-f pudding, jello, l-f yogurt, etc)
veggies (no limit)
no caffeine, no carbonated drinks, etc
4 oz lean meat 1xweek

I've managed not to cheat. I've lost 14 pounds in a week and a half. I've had moments of depression because I could not think of anything I wanted to eat. I've had moments of pride when I cooked up a veggie in a really yummy way. At the end of the day, though, I just want this pre-op diet to be over! I never would have dreamed I'd be looking forward to pureed foods (just so I can have some variety/meat!) 

My surgery is in 4 days. I know I can do it. I think my mindset has already changed for the better. I'm not craving sweets (for some reason, I am craving eggs and tuna fish - not together). I'm not missing my nightly glass(es) of wine. I'm eating more to live instead of just for the pure pleasure of it. 

BUT I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS STINKIN' PRE-OP DIET TO BE OVER!!!!!!!  LOL

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!
christi R.
on 10/7/11 5:23 am - OH
 That was much better than my pre-op diet. It was full liquids for 2 weeks! Protein shakes and unlimited clear liquids. It was terrible and I had a very difficult time following it. The worst was the 2 day pre-op diet of clear liquids only. BUT I got through it and had my surgery on Oct 4 and was released from the hospital yesterday. Believe me now, its not hard at all! :) When is your surgery? Good Luck You can do it! 
(deactivated member)
on 10/7/11 9:08 am
 Yikes! Yes, your pre-op diet was much worse than mine. I don't know what I'd do without the veggies. Fortunately, I don't have the 2 day final diet either. My surgery is the 11th (Tuesday) and I've got my fingers crossed I'll be released the following day. I've had two c-sections and I keep teling myself it can't be any worse than that... ? Best wishes to you!
christi R.
on 10/7/11 10:30 am - OH
 Good Luck! and you are so lucky to not have to follow such a crazy pre-op diet. What surgery are you having? I had the RNY laproscopically.  I never had a c-section, but I am really sore, thank goodness for the pain meds:) Good Luck and keep me updated! 
What the mind believes, the body can achieve
10/04/2011~ The first day of the rest of my life.....

(deactivated member)
on 10/7/11 10:20 pm
 Thanks! I'm having the same surgery as you. Hope your soreness fades soon!
Sandramccain
on 10/11/11 10:52 pm - GA
 I had my surgery on tht 4th as well. What do you find hard these last couple of days?

Sandra 
christi R.
on 10/18/11 11:38 am - OH
 Hi Sandra! 

I just noticed we share surgery dates! How are you feeling 2 weeks post surgery? I honestly am feeling amazing! I am down almost 20 lbs and started my walking regimine yesterday, starting w/ 1 mile a day. I started my soft foods diet last week and its going ok. I have had two dumping issues and I think they were both due to not completely chewing. I have to work on not gulping down my water also, especially after my walks. Today I took a huge gulp and it felt like it got stuck in my throat. It hurt like heck but only for a few minutes. 

So how has it been for you so far?

Look fwd to hearing from you! 

Christi

Sandramccain
on 10/18/11 1:17 pm - GA
 I had the sleeve done so I can not walk for to long for not getting winded. It kind of feels like a baby at the top of my stomach sit ting on my diaphragm it is still swollen and I can't stand the belly band thing. I started my soft diet on Saturday past and it is wonderful to taste food again. I to am about down 20lbs also. Can u suggest some foods u find easy to eat?
christi R.
on 10/18/11 1:42 pm - OH
 I have lived on refried beans and canned soup! Greek yougurt is great b/c it packs so much protein. I tried scrambled eggs and yeah that didn't work so well. Oatmeal and Coco wheats are good also. Cottage cheese and canned diced peaches. But you have to be careful with the cottage cheese just make sure you chew it really well, even though it looks like it been chewed already:) lol. Campbells chicken noodle soup is great too. I don't eat the chicken, just b/c I never have. Progresso Soups lentil soup is great too.

Check out this blog she has great recipies, thoughts, news and advice..

theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/

There also is a food board on OH also. 

Most Active
Recent Topics