Had my surgery Tuesday, 10/18!!

Georgie0110
on 10/22/11 11:59 am - MN
I had my RNY surgery on Tuesday, 10/18 and went home on Wednesday, 10/19, I honestly have to remind myself that I had surgery, I have absolutely no pain and never did, I did not take any pain meds.   I did my 14 day Liquid diet prior to surgery, it was tolerable. My surgeon is Dr. Chute and had my surgery at Ridgeview in Waconia, I LOVE this clinic! Sal from the clinic came to the hospital the morning of my surgery and talked with me up to them wheeling me into the operating room, she is such a sweetheart! , She too has had the RNY so her support is over and above expectation!

I am planning on returning to work on Monday, 10/25, I do computer work and drive for my job so nothing physically challenging, Dr. Chute did tell me I can not lift more than 10 pounds and no vacuuming for 2 weeks.

Life is great!
Georgie
Georgie  
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

chunkymonkeylvr
on 10/25/11 11:53 pm - KY
WOW! Congrats! I had RNY on the 17th, and I am finally going back to work on the 27th.  I am a teacher so it is a bit more demanding, so I am nervous.  I am allowed to sit as needed so hopefully I can make it work.

Sounds like you are really recovering great!  I hope that your second day of work is going as good as can be expected :)

Surgery Date 10/17/2011
HW:316  SW:298  CW:280

Most Active
Recent Topics