Wondering how others are feeling post-op?

(deactivated member)
on 11/3/11 6:34 pm
 Hi all,

I had RNY 10/11. I've lost 40 pounds (including 15 from pre-op diet). Finally feeling pretty good all around, but still having a little trouble managing how much to eat at a time and getting enough protein. 

Curious how others are feeling at this point?

:)
Tricia
waterman691
on 11/8/11 11:11 am - west monroe, LA
 I had my surgery about 9 days ago, and am having pretty much the same comcerns.

Arnold  HW 330  Pre Surg  300
MissPinkCA
on 11/9/11 7:00 am - CA
I had Surgery 10/13   lost 20 pounds in two weeks and now nothing for the last 10 days or so...someone mentioned that I should eat more ???

Libby0218
on 11/9/11 6:59 am - TX
I had my revision on 10-24. I'm still on clear liquids until November 15 then I get to move to a full liquid diet for a month. I am allowed to have my protein drinks/shakes though so that gives me some substance.

I haven't lost nearly what you've lost-only 11 pounds in two weeks but that's ok with me, I am determined to work the plan and feel confident it will work for me!

I got my staples out yesterday so I feel less sore today.

Overall I'm feeling really good and am getting lots of walking in as well as all my protein and water.

cheryl saverud
on 11/15/11 7:13 am - WA
hi i had sleeve on the  10th. still pretty weak. everything i drink wants to come right out. i finally just got some immmodium and its getting a little better. do u have drain tubes? i do. they stay in until fri. a real pain.
the-sky-is-the-limit
on 11/22/11 6:29 am - CA
I am 7 weeks out and have the same problem. Everything seems to want to come out.
tulips52
on 1/21/12 7:49 am
 I get enough protein thru supplements but working hard to get enough from food. (I'd rather drink mine) So many foods are not yet tolerated so I think of it as a hassle. My NUT says this has to change or I'll never progress to full diet. However, she says to relax and do what I can do. I guess we're still newbies at this. 

Most Active
Recent Topics