Weight Gain

Sonya B.
on 12/18/07 12:03 pm - Rock Hill, SC
Hello everyone. I am now 4 yrs post op and I have gained about 30 pounds. I actually wanted to gain about 10 pounds but it is like I am out of control with everything. I had a bowel obstruction in 2006 and very quickly after that I gained the 30 pounds. I think the doctor may have done something to my pouch because I can eat a regular sized meal and I have never been able to do that before. I want to lose 20 of the pounds and I am seriously considering a prescription appetite suppressant. Have any of you used one post op and if so, what did you use?
KittyKatt
on 12/26/07 4:02 pm - San Diego, CA
I am in the same boat you are. Actually, I had BL/BA last December and I gained like 5 lbs afterwards and then I had another surery and gained another 5lbs and then I was put on a newmedication and a side effect is weight gain. Now I have gained a total of 23 lbs and I feel miserabe. I can eat more than I used to and I am hungry ALL the time. I am only at 135 lbs now but I hate it! I am working out again but as soon as I started the rashes on my abdomen came back and they hurt. Can't affford a tummy tuck right now but I am hoping I can get insurance to pay for it since it has been happening for over 2 years now. But I tried the ALLI diet pills and they did NOTHING. If there is a prescription diet pill to help curve my appepitite wile I get back on track I would LOVE to hear about it.
deborah Husted
on 9/29/08 12:23 am - painted post, ny
I am having the same trouble and have tried appatie suppressents and they only made me sick.
I have trouble swallowing pills and how do you know you have a bowl obstruction? im have a lot of trouble with my bowls
thanls deb
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 Years
Steve L. · 0 replies · 620 views
Would you do it again?
Jersey917 · 2 replies · 707 views