Would you do it again?

Jersey917
on 2/14/10 8:08 am - Saddle Brook, NJ
Just curious... If you had to do it again, would you?... I honestly don't think I would... Yeah, I lost weight, initially, but then gained a bunch back... Plus I completely lost that sensation of being "full" and I find myself hungry constantly... I may not be able to eat the portion size I used to, but if I don'****ch, I find myself eating tons of small meals all day long... I WANT THE SENSATION OF BEING FULL AGAIN...

I now have acid reflux, which I never had before either... I should've went with the stupid diets instead of this surgery... I would've lost slower, but then I wouldn't have this flap of a stomach either!... Insurance won't pay because it's not "big enough"... Just how big is big on a stomach that looks like an apron?...

Just venting... I just wish I either never had it, or went with the lap band that could've been removed...
Dawn
on 12/4/11 8:47 am - Salem, IL
I don't know if I would do the RNY again, but WLS was right for me.
Steve L.
on 11/3/10 10:57 pm - lynnwood, WA
I understand your frustration. I too have the apron. It would be nice to have it removed. I am a 52 yr old married male so I don't have to impress my wife with six pack abs.:). It would make me feel better personally. But I have better health. I don't get that full feeling either and have put on about 50 lbs since my surgery. Mainly because I have gone back to old behaviors.

Would I have the surgery again. A resounding yes. I am able to do things I was not able to do while fat. I  have a new career as an alcohol/drug counselor at a high school. that I love.It has been 7 years. I went from 437 lbs to 230 lbs - my lowest and now sit at 295 lbs.

It is a struggle but I believe it is better than where I was. I hope you do well and wish you a good health. You can do it.

BTW - it is good to vent.

Steve Londino

Most Active
Recent Topics
7 Years
Steve L. · 0 replies · 616 views
Would you do it again?
Jersey917 · 2 replies · 705 views