2 year surgiversary

catmomma3
on 11/4/05 8:47 am - ~*~*~*~*, MN
Hey all November 2003'ers Mine has not been an easy journey and I am facing a revision in 2006 due to an enlarged stoma and pouch (neither are my fault). I am 5'3.5", I started at a size 26 and got down to a 14 and now am an 18, I have gained back about 25#'s and working with my dietician on that. I never even got close to my goal, so I try and not focus on pounds lost, just on how I feel. Let's say, even people who don't try lose more that I did Would I have the surgery again? yeah, I would. I am certainly not as quick as most to say yes to that question, but it is a yes. I would probably chose a different surgeon, though, but there is no guarentee that I wouldn't have had problems with another surgeon. I am thankful for how I good I feel. All of my co morbidities are either gone or improved, and I continue to have a wonderful relationship with my husband. I am blessed in that regard as I know alot of couples do not make it afterwards. He's an awesome guy, who continues to be my biggest cheerleader and is always there with sympathy, and the very occasional I told you so when I dump ....to my special guy... Hon, I love you I hope everyone is doing well on their journey
clacognata
on 11/7/05 3:35 am - Westmont, IL
I started at 435, and am only down to 300lbs. What are the requirements for a revision? Cara
~~Angel~~
on 11/14/05 12:49 am - Buffalo, NY
I'm about to sneak on into my surgiversary too! And my response to "would you do it again" is unequivocally, YES. I still remain the same 15 to 20 lbs from where I would like to be, but I look and feel totally full of life. A peek at my profile photo will show you why. *smiles* about the dumping: our gentle reminder to *behave* Good luck and God bless!
(deactivated member)
on 11/19/05 1:40 pm - TN
You may want to consider having a revision to a DS. Check out the DS board for more info. The risk of regain is much, much lower.
tanzvette
on 12/2/05 5:01 am - Houston, TX
Hey to all my fellow 2003'ers. My 2 year was Nov 17 and I feel great. I lost 100 pounds and still losing(not as much as the begining). I'm right under 200 and my goal is 180. I CAN DO IT!!!! We all can do it. Stay positive and take whatever road you feel is necessary to get you to that goal. POSITIVE that is. Would I do it all again if I had to YEAH BABY!!!! Was the best thing that could happen to me in regards to me losing weight. I can sleep at night, I can walk and walk with out huffing and puffing, I can ride all the rides at the theme park, I can play with my boys for long periods of time without getting so over exerted, and I can dance and dance through an entire song man two or three songs now. In some cases pounds as to clothes size plays a difference. The day of surgery I was wearing a size womans 26 I am now wearing womans 16. WHEW......I am very proportionate so I don't wear the same at top as I do the bottom. I wear 14 tops and 16 bottoms in most cases. Life is a whole lot better. No more sever knee/back pains. I feel so good about myself. No longer self conscience. Keep your heads up and pray for each one of your endeavors on this journey. God Bless.
Dawn
on 8/14/06 5:15 am - Salem, IL
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 Years
Steve L. · 0 replies · 619 views
Would you do it again?
Jersey917 · 2 replies · 707 views