New Year coming....back on track!

Patti N
on 12/13/08 9:56 am - AA county, MD
Hey Everyone.  
Time has just whipped by like it was yesterday....can't believe it has been 4 years.  I have gained 30 lbs back and I am trying to get back on track.  Not only the weight gain, but my labs came back with low iron, calcium, and severly low on  Vit D.   I have just been sliding way off the beaten path and gone back to my old habits.  

I guess my main question  is if anyone has gone through the same thing is  dealing with the same thing, got any advice?   How and what did you do to get back on the healthy road?  I ordered vitamins for bariatric patients and some whey protein powder.  I would love some advice and support as to tell you the truth I am feeling pretty worthless and such a failure at this point.  Could really use someone out there for some moral support. 

thanks

~Patti~

sunrise
on 12/14/08 2:44 pm - Riverbank, CA
Hey there.  Welcome back.

I, too, have struggled. Life has a way of carrying us off in new directions. I definitely recommend getting back on track. Recall the early days post-op with liquids, protein focus, and water intake.

I recently went for my yearly follow-up, went through testing, and found I have a hernia. I will be headed towards a revision should all go smoothly. However, I have also gone back to a few stress eating moments and regained. Since my follow-up, I have returned to the basics and managed to lose a few pounds even ~ 8 so far ~ not bad for the amount I have regained. My pouch didn't even appear to be a pouch on the UGI scan conducted.

You may want to have the test to verify that your anatomy is okay. Some regain might be physical not mental or personal loss of "willpower."

Hang in there! Congratulations on your recent anniversary. Happy Holidays!!!  We're still here for support ~ Keep checkin' in....
Sunrise

Most Active
Recent Topics
Helloooooooooo out there!
Sphinxy · 1 replies · 792 views
where is everyone?
Moma V. · 4 replies · 1008 views
New Year coming....back on track!
Patti N · 1 replies · 843 views
Help
Jan M. · 7 replies · 1152 views
Iron deficieny