The good stuff

ccwallace
on 6/18/07 5:53 pm - Concord, CA
Hello there, I haven't posted here in forever, but was feeling the need to connect. Hope everyone is doing well. I'm re-committing to more exercise and less snacking behavior; I've kind of gotten lazy about both, and I've come too far and had too many good things happen to let it all go now!!! Two years ago, I would have given anything to only have ten or fifteen pounds to lose. I told myself that if it was only a few pounds, I could do what it took to get them off. And I can! Thanks everyone for being here, for being honest about this whole process, and for reminding me how far we've all come together. Have a great day-- Chandra (253 on November 1, 2005; 148 on June 19, 2007, with no more sleep apnea, no more blood pressure medication, no more Zoloft, and lots more hope)
WindyEthel********
on 6/19/07 3:11 am - Brownstown, IN
Hello surgery sister, i am a nov. 1ster too. I am like you i have been snacking too much, im not gaining but im hardly losing at all right now. i need to get back on track, Im board with food and end up having a snack when i cant find something to eat. if you have any good food suggestions i would love to hear them. I feel so blessed to have lost 135lb but i am not done yet. If i dont lose any more i am thankful for what i have lost but i would like to lose another 15-20lb Good Luck to you. Carla
sallyj
on 6/27/07 6:53 am - Spokane, WA
Oh I so understand about the being bored with food and eating snacks instead. I don't know why it is so much worse in summer. I could just live off watermelon and ice cream in summer--but not now. I come home and just don't want to fix anything. Nothing at the fast food places even sounds good. I keep a nutrition guide in my car and that will take the appeal out of any fast food option! I'm trying some new recipes that I hope will bring some interest back. I do stick with a lot of seafood in the summer as it is lighter. And then it is so hot outside that it is hard to be motivated to exercise! Double wammy. I still have about 4 pounds to reach my goal, but I'm having a tummy tuck in a couple of weeks and the dr. said that would take off about 7 to 10 pounds of skin. Good luck, Sally
ccwallace
on 6/28/07 4:40 pm - Concord, CA
Hey Carla-- Thanks for your reply. Can you believe it's been a year and a half already?? I sure didn't think I'd make it through those first few weeks. I agree with you--I'm thankful even if I don't lose any more, but I'd sure like to dump another 15-20. And I even know what I need to do: 1. Exercise. 2. Quit drinking beer and wine. I just made some gazpacho, and I'm trying to focus on the veggies and protein, so hopefully those three things will help. Sending you good thoughts toward dumping those last 15-20 pounds! Take care, Chandra
Most Active
Recent Topics
2012 update
H. MC · 0 replies · 784 views
Anybody still here?
MoabMama · 4 replies · 983 views
Four Years and counting
shoop727 · 2 replies · 872 views
Im still here!!
lunawillow · 7 replies · 1004 views