HELP ME !!

Wendi-AK
on 11/23/07 12:02 pm - Anchorage, AK
I am 2 years out and have lost 140 pounds but I have alot of excess skin hanging around and I have been trying for the last year to get it taken care of but it seems like no one wants to help anyone that doesn't have insurance coverage!!!! I am in a very DEEP depression and I feel like just giving up on life !!! Why did I go through all this just to feel like I am ugly and disgusting looking!!! I need help!!!! I need to get the surgery done to take off all the excess skin!!! I need help before I end up taken my own life!!! HELP ME PLEASE!!! Wendi
shoop727
on 11/23/07 7:01 pm - CA
I don't know how to help you, but I hope that you don't let excess skin be the reason to kill yourself. That would be a terrible waste. You are more than the package you are in, you have the ability to help others, you have been given life to show what love is. So never give up. Step out of your own problems and see that the world is in need of you. best wishes for you and your situation, S=)
jereyes
on 11/23/07 11:56 pm - Tyngsboro, MA
Have you considered being a self pay pateint to have your excess skin removed? It is very expensive to have done but very well worth it. They have many finance programs to help cover the costs. I hope you are seeking out a counsler to deal with your depression. You have come so far and your life is worth more than killing yourself. Please get the professional help that you need!
Karen The Papaya
Queen

on 11/25/07 9:08 pm - somewhere
Please check into having your PS done at a university near you. All the Plastic Surgery students have to be qualified experienced surgeons before they are accepted into the PS program and they are always in need of someone to "practice" on..... It may not be entirely free but it will be at greatly reduced rates.....
sallyj
on 11/26/07 2:28 am - Spokane, WA
I see that you are in Anchorage--I hear it is very lovely there, but I think it would be just too cold for me--especially post op. As you continue looking into plastic surgery options, you might also want to look into some form of counseling to address the reality of your body. Even after ps, you won't look like the tv and magazine ad women. So you will need to find a place of peace for yourself. I have had the tummy tuck and the breast/arm lift, and I am much happier with my body now. But I also have horrible thighs, calves, and butt skin. I carried a lot of my weight in my legs and it shows. I can't/won't wear skirts because people assume I have something wrong with my legs--and that's just if I show my calves--forget the thighs! If I could afford it, I would have them done even though ps on the legs is more painful and problematic than the other surgeries I've had. But having said that, I'm so much better off than I was at over twice my size now. I can wear pants to hid the legs and a body shaper to lift the butt! The "ugliness" of the skin is both a badge of what I accomplished (it wouldn't be drooping if it were still full of fat) and a reminder for humility of what I did to myself and that I must remain vigilant. I do get discouraged at times, but if excess skin were the worst problem in my life, I would be so ahead of the game! If you are depressed, you need to get help for it. The skin may be just the focus of your depression and getting rid of the skin will not "cure" the depression. Take care, Sally
Most Active
Recent Topics
2012 update
H. MC · 0 replies · 785 views
Anybody still here?
MoabMama · 4 replies · 983 views
Four Years and counting
shoop727 · 2 replies · 872 views
Im still here!!
lunawillow · 7 replies · 1004 views