I'm going backwards! Help.

Peggi
on 4/4/08 3:46 am - Middleburgh, NY
I had the surgery and was doing great, working out, eating good.....noe I am putting my weight back on. I am still working out but I always feel tired, the hunger is back and I crave carbs. I feel liks I went this all for nothing. My blood pressure is going up and my iron down. I am so depressed. I went from at size 28 to a 14 and now I am in a tight 16!
Karen The Papaya
Queen

on 4/7/08 11:30 pm - somewhere
a lot of the folks on the Grad board and the Texas message board have used the 5 Day pouch test to get back on track.... here's a link.... give it a try! http://www.5daypouchtest.com/plan/theplan.html
jrelerjr
on 5/3/08 11:15 pm - El Paso, TX
Peggi, I feel like i am in the same shoes.. that is why i have checked back into this site. I hope it serves as some daily strength to remind me to choose better. i read an article today.. this is a quote that helped me: "long term success is defined not by whether you stay on track, but how quickly you regain your balance when you start slipping off." I have been weak and blind.. now, i know i have to pay more attention to what i put into my mouth. i am here to find support.. maybe we can keep in contact to give each other encouragement and reminders of our ability to choose better foods.
Gina Olson-Ferraro
on 5/12/08 3:44 am - Stuart, FL
Hey - I had some stress that made me stop watching my food and exercise and I gained 40 lbs on my on fault....so I know the frustration of gaining - but I also have a friend thats stille ating right, and working out and she's gained also....GET YOUR LEVELS CHECKED. She's 28ish and was told that shes got a huge iron and thiamine deficiency that needed attention ASAP of she was going to have HEART FAILURE...shes on another iron supplememnt and thiamine injections - and doing better, plus dropping the pouunds that were hanging on...
annrose
on 7/7/08 12:30 pm - Milwaukee, WI
Hi Peggi, Oh My God!!! I am having the same problem. For the past few months I thought I was the only one having this problem. I have been working out, but for the past few months I feel like I am always hungry and the Carbs are just driving me crazy. Its like I can't stay away from them. Let me know how your progress goes. It would be nice to chat with other November 2005ers that are having some of the same problems. Good luck, Kim
Eve
on 9/17/08 3:26 am - Randolph , MA
Hi Peggi.

I had lapband novem 2005, did very well went from 240 to 155 lbs. now im back up to 190 i feel miserable no one to blame but myself. I want to lose again but feel my cravings are too much!! this is truly an addiction.

I had initially Started this journey 5 years ago when I weighed 233 lbs height 5'2" BMI was 42.8. I lost alot of weight after being banded, but the the weight crept up. I had Revision Surgery 3/31/2010 to RNY  I took some time away after getting Married and having two kids but now I am On my way again!!!! 

boundtostayslim
on 8/20/09 8:38 am
I had my surgery November 5, 2005....lost 157 pounds....but....have gained back 25 over the last year....I don't want to get discouraged and go backward any further....can't seem to get a grip....tried doing the 5 day pouch test...lasted 3 days...lol lol...have had MAJOR stress the last year and a half...not an excuse...but...fell back into some of my old eating habits...so...I know how you feel
Most Active
Recent Topics
2012 update
H. MC · 0 replies · 784 views
Anybody still here?
MoabMama · 4 replies · 983 views
Four Years and counting
shoop727 · 2 replies · 872 views
Im still here!!
lunawillow · 7 replies · 1004 views