Anybody still here?

MoabMama
on 8/28/10 5:13 pm
Hi, just wondering if anyone still checks out this forum.
I'm having a problem with my diet-I know why, I had a small breakdown a couple of months ago, just lost it.  Lots of stress in my life and it doesn't seem to be getting any better.
Anyway, I've got the munchies bad, I do alright during the day, but in the evenings and late at night, I can't quit eating. 
I know what I need to do-I've gotten my pouch used to quite a bit of food, (at least it's quite a bit for me) I need to re-train it and get back to walking every day. 
I just wanted to check in with people who understand what I've been through.
Hope you are all doing well.
Happy Labor Day.
Kimberly
Karen The Papaya
Queen

on 9/8/10 3:33 am - somewhere
I'm still here... still fighting the good fight... some days I win, some days I lose...

I could do with a good re-training too, LOL

Hang in there!

Hugs,

Karen

Life is tough, but my God is TOUGHER
"There is more to life than increasing its speed.? Gandhi
The Greatest Pleasure In Life Is Doing What People Say You Cannot  Do....

377/331/198/175 Highest/WLS/Current/Goal

H. MC
on 9/8/10 6:18 am - Arlington, VA
I am still here
hanging in there
I have gained some weight back not all it.  it really sucks that this is such a life time struggle even with the surgery.  I trained for a half marathon last year I completed the marathon but I didn't lose a pound through out my training.  I foound out I had an esopagel (sp) deletation basically my esophagus formed a new stomach above the band.  it was my own fault I didn't go to my surgeon for 2 years. 

fortunatly the damage doesn't require surgery,  but I did have to get my band unfilled for about 6 months.  I was so scared i was going to gain all my weight back,  I think I cried for a week.

I have become a certified Zumba instructor and even though i workout 5 times a week plus rehearsals I have not lost a pound but I haven't gained.  My surgeon says it's ok I am building muscle it will start to come off.  but I can't wait.  so I have decided to give b-12 shots another try.  If I could move this 20 pounds that will not go away I might be able to get back on track.  I sound like and addict.  LOL

Well it's not all bad news.  I am healthier because of all the excercise, the cellulite on the back of my legs is almost all gone.  and my knees don't hurt anymore
so I am hanging in there!
Heather MC
237/222/147/125
22 to Go Woo Hoo!!!!!
jrelerjr
on 4/29/11 2:34 am - El Paso, TX
hi! i still check here every so often as well.
i have had two kids since weightloss surgery. i started at 242 and i am at 160 right now. i can't lost the last 20 lbs i have put on since my last pregnancy. i struggle a lot too. but, i am currently trying to get back on track.

"I am currently getting back on track!

sallyj
on 1/3/11 5:46 am - Spokane, WA
I got out of the habit of checking this board, but I am here as well.  Amazing that it has been five years.  I have gained about 22 lbs. so I am trying to get that off this year.  My clothes were getting too tight.  I'm doing Atkins induction right now and have already lost a couple of pounds. 

Otherwise, I'm doing well in terms of my bloodwork (but need to get my protein up a bit more), so my overall health is better. 

I'm having to remind myself that 22 lbs. is both important to get off, but at the same time, so much less than what I started with.  So even with a bit of gain, I am still successful.  And to be happy with small losses because that is now appropriate.

Good luck to everyone,

Sally
Most Active
Recent Topics
2012 update
H. MC · 0 replies · 781 views
Anybody still here?
MoabMama · 4 replies · 979 views
Four Years and counting
shoop727 · 2 replies · 866 views
Im still here!!
lunawillow · 7 replies · 1000 views