I feel like a failure

Alma0805
on 12/2/08 12:48 pm - somerset, TX
Hi,

I need some major support.  I was banded in 11/2006.  I have not lost much.  I have had several problems with needing to have a revison done in Febuary 2008.  I got sick shorty there after with bronchitis.  I have major problems with having to much sinu's causing a plug.  I dont want to have my band tightend because due to sinus overload if I try to eat anything its like eating nails.  I am now having heartburn and I am not sure if its due to the antibotic I am currently taking which is cipro.

I was so full of hope and I feel like I have fallen down and no matter what I cant seem to get back on track.  I wonder did I make a big mistake.  Anyone out there please pray for me.

Alma
Britt
on 12/2/08 10:04 pm, edited 12/2/08 10:05 pm - Long Island, NY
Prayers to you!

Have you tried to post this on teh lap band forum - so yu can get MORE specific answers from others whove been banded. I know we have a few here too.

I think it really all comes down to will and being DERTERMINED tomake this work. It's no magic pill (WLS of anykind) I still struggle daily to remain at goal. I fought for every pound i lost. I never felt as is the weight *just fell off* as some described. I worked hard. If i get lazy and go back to my old ways and bad eating habits. My SCALE QUICLKLY REMINDS me that I cannotget away with that! I gain.

I think you need to talk with your surgeon / nutritionist  about your concerns  with getting your band tightened.

Either way - we are here to support you!

you can change - -IT IS A LOT OF HARD WORK ....but step by step, day by day, YOU WILL GET there!

YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE .... you are posting here .... looking for help - that is in no way a FAILURE!

hugs,
britt

Nothing - tastes as good as it feels -to be at my ideal weight :)    
Lap RNY 11-6-06
at goal 10-6-07 - Attacking my regain 2013
                        Mommy to 3 princesses ~ Wife to Paul

I'm a "before and after" in OH magazine (January / February 2008)

(deactivated member)
on 12/3/08 8:35 am - FL
Oh Alma, bless your heart. I know that feeling and it is a miserable!  The band seems to work so well for some people and not at all for others.  Do you think a revision to RNY is an option? 

Wanda
Most Active
Recent Topics
I'm late but I'm here
HEATHER B. · 0 replies · 590 views
WOW
katydidit64 · 0 replies · 699 views
Hi remember me
Britt · 2 replies · 745 views
Hi All
corinnaq · 1 replies · 811 views