Starting to gain after loss

kareng62
on 1/19/09 7:56 am - Marysville, MI
Knowing this isn't and easy or quick fix,  I am finding my weight slowly creeping up.  Have gained 10 lbs since summer. I lost 145 lbs following my surgery 2 years ago and most of it was in the first 9 months.  Just looking to get back on track.  Any suggestions.
bigal2029
on 1/19/09 12:18 pm - Springfield, MO

This happens to a lot of people and there are a lot of reasons this happens. One thing is after 2 years time the malabsorption rate that we enjoyed after RNY surgery starts to change. The body adapts and now our bodies start taking in more fat and calories in the small intestine than it did before. Also our bodies get stuck in a rut with what we eat and how we exercise and we need to shake that up and try some different things. Are you involved in a weight loss support group? Support groups can be a great help in dealing with all kinds of weight loss issues not just regaining weight. I am involved in several weight loss support groups and am a certified support group leader and have a support group of my own for men. It is a proven fact that people *****gularly attend a support group have the best long term success in weight loss. There is also a board here on OH called Back on Track Together it is run by a good friend of mine Cathy Wilson she was the leader of my first support group I ever attended and she is a staff member of OH and she is great at helping people in their weight loss struggles. The group has over 450 members so I am sure you can find a lot of support and help from all of them. Here is the link to the group. www.obesityhelp.com/group/backontracktogether  I hope I was some help good luck.      

Alan Hartman
Obesity Help. Com Certified Support Group Leader.

OH groups leader of the Men's Locker Room Support Group
Come join the Men’s Locker Room online support group. A place where only us guys can post and talk. www.obesityhelp.com/group/bigal2029_group 

Proud to be in the “Before and After photo section in OH Magazine. (September/October 2009) and in the May 2010 issue of 417 Magazine (Losing it)

momofsix
on 1/20/09 2:49 am - Pinckney, MI

I am with you sweetie.... I Have gained back about 40 pounds since last Spring... It is so frustrating after all that I have been through, but I know that there is no one to blame but myself.... I too need to get back on track, but can never seem to do it... I am just slowly trying to change small things every few days to get myself eating the way I am supposed to...  You have come this far, don't let 10 pounds get you down... Get back on track and just DO IT!!!!  I know you can....

I agree with Alan about support groups... you need something to keep you accountable... I know I just have this board here and it is not that active so I need something else.... I am not much for actual meetings, so I need to find something online....

Best of luck to you, We can do this!!!!  Don't give up!!!!

Shawn - Lap RNY 11/16/06
319/169/185/204 - 5' 7"  Starting/Goal/Lowest/Current

Boooper
on 1/27/09 7:33 am, edited 1/27/09 7:34 am - Fitzwilliam, NH
I second Shawn with us sticking together! 
   "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you into something else, is the greatest accomplishment. "
Most Active
Recent Topics
I'm late but I'm here
HEATHER B. · 0 replies · 587 views
WOW
katydidit64 · 0 replies · 697 views
Hi remember me
Britt · 2 replies · 744 views
Hi All
corinnaq · 1 replies · 810 views