Back on Track

momofsix
on 2/4/09 8:40 pm - Pinckney, MI

Well, I am very proud of myself this week.... I have been a good girl.... LOL

I am back on track with my food and I even exercised 3 times in the past week.... Since last Thursday (when I told myself I had to focus), I have lost 8 pounds... Bringing me from 228 back down to 220.... I have not completely deprived myself of the things I love either, but I am back to reading labels and mentally counting my calories.... I need to start writing down my calories, but as long as the scale is moving in the right direction then I know I am doing something right.....

I just had to share my excitement with my November buddies.... I miss you all so much... I wish there were more activity on this board....

Hope everyone is having as great of a week as I am.... Talk to you all again soon...

HUGS,

Shawn - Lap RNY 11/16/06
319/169/185/204 - 5' 7"  Starting/Goal/Lowest/Current

Chrisy
on 2/5/09 5:52 pm - Sutherlin, OR
Good Job Shawn,
You have done so well in this last week.  I think, and I say I think again, I am back on track as well.  I am on day three of the pouch test.  I must say I am proud of myself, for sticking with it,
I have not weighed myself as of yet and do not plan on doing so until after day five.  I made the
split pea soup and it was so very good so that has been my staple for the two days of liquid, plus my protein drinks.  I think for the third day I will try the tuna patties.
Have you ever gone in to fitday.com it tracks your calories, carbs, and everything else for you, it is so easy, I love it.
Keep up the good work and keep me posted as I will you as to how you are doing.
Blessings

CHRISY

bcrlan
on 2/5/09 6:34 pm - Louisville, KY
Hi Chrissy,

I have been trying to find that 5 day pouch test, do you have a link? 

Christy
momofsix
on 2/6/09 3:27 am - Pinckney, MI

Thanks so much for the support and encouragement Chrisy!!!!  I am still going strong today and I dropped yet another pound... I am down to 219!!!  Woooo Hoooo...  I got myself a bunch of fruit the other day for when I get the munchies and bunch of light yogurts....

I am supposed to be heading to Texas in June to see my son graduate... I am determined to be back in ONEderland by then... I would love to be back where I was at a year ago and that is 183... I know with determination and the support of my friends I can do it!!!!  and I WILL do it!!!!!

Good for you for doing the pouch test... I have heard about it, but I have never seen what it all involves... I love pea soup, so maybe that is something that I can do... I will check out the link you posted and see if it is something I want to do... Although what I am doing is working so maybe I should just stick to what I know works... LOL...

Take care and good luck... Keep me posted on how you are doing as well...

HUGS,

Shawn - Lap RNY 11/16/06

Chrisy
on 2/6/09 4:12 am - Sutherlin, OR
Hi Shawn,
Good for you in losing yet another pound!!!   If what you are doing and it works for you, I would stick to it, I would keep the pouch test as a back up. 
My problem is GRAZING and SNACKING, or boy the snacking kills me!  I found out that I can eat more sugar than I should without dumping, so I have cut out my sugar, snacking.  It is so very hard to do for me.  The girls at work have candy bars all the time and they feel bad eating them in front of me, it does not brother me as much as it used to,  I am determine this time to try my very best to stay on track, and to get back on track.
I have still not gotten on the scale to see with this 5 day pouch test if it is working, I am willing to try anything, so far it is working for me.  I will let you know in three more days how I did, and prayfully I will make it.
I have also cut out my substitute problem of shopping for not eating, I did not buy all that much, could not afford it, so now I just pick up a blouse and carry it around the store with me and put it back saying to myself "I dont NEED this" get out of the store and say "YEAH I DID IT"
And that is the way that you will do when you get into onederland in a couple of weeks!!
We DONT need all this extra stuff in our bodies or our lives.
Talk to you later, keep up the good work and lets get back on the ride of our lives.
Blessings

CHRISY

momofsix
on 2/6/09 4:27 am - Pinckney, MI

I know what you mean about being able to tolerate sugar... I can eat just about anything now and it doesn't even phase me... I don't dump at all... I do find that I can't eat as much at one sitting as I could before surgery but I can eat more that I could a year ago... It is a bit frustrating, because having 4 small children around me all the time, there is constant snacking and snacks available.. I try and keep their snacks somewhat healthy, but even those have calories and I can't eat them all day long... 

I have replaced my need to graze with scrapbooking... I have to get my son's album done before he graduates and I have ummmm like 18 years to do... LOL... Yup that's right I hadn't even started... Although I am on age 3 now... I am progressing along.. when ever I want to snack, I sit down at my scrapping table and do a page or two... I have 43 pages done now...  

Well, I am printing pictures up for his album as I type, and i have to go check the printer... So You keep up the good work and I am sure all your hard effort will show on the scale... Good Luck Chrisy!!!!

HUGS,

Shawn - Lap RNY 11/16/06

bcrlan
on 2/5/09 6:33 pm - Louisville, KY
Great job Shawn...... I am glad you are headed in the right direction..... It is so difficult, a lifetime struggle. I need to get back on track also as I am struggling with 20lbs now.

HUGS,

Christy
Chrisy
on 2/6/09 2:51 am - Sutherlin, OR
Hello  Christy,

I just posted the 5 day pouch test to Shawn and you but just in case I will post to you as well.
Good luck to all three of us on this test.

http://www.5daypouchtest.com/recipes/recipes.html

Blessing

CHRISY

Chrisy
on 2/6/09 2:53 am - Sutherlin, OR

CHRISY

Chrisy
on 2/6/09 2:56 am - Sutherlin, OR
the url that I sent would not go though for me when the recipe was on there so try this I got though without putting them on.

http://www.5daypouchtest.com

Blessings

CHRISY

Most Active
Recent Topics
I'm late but I'm here
HEATHER B. · 0 replies · 580 views
WOW
katydidit64 · 0 replies · 689 views
Hi remember me
Britt · 2 replies · 739 views
Hi All