Checkin in

dancinjudge
on 2/26/09 4:44 am - Oregon City, OR
Hi Everyone,

I've been absent so long I almost didn't remember my log in.  I got an e-mail notification someone left a message on one of my pics and I thought I better get on here and see what's going on with everyone.

It has been since May of last year since I posted an update on my profile.  Since then I had my 1 year revision post op appt. with my 2nd surgeon.  He says I'm doing grand and to keep it up. My labs are all normal now too.  Says to see him again in another year.  He claims he doesn't want to lose track of me.  I think that is in part because he ended up giving me a gastric sleeve and he wants to see how it holds up over the years.  He said he made my stomach so tiny, and that is probably why I had such a problem with pain when I swollowed in the beginning.  I don't have any pain anymore.  He said I could expect my sleeve to stretch a bit over time, so I try to keep on top of my weight.  However, I only weigh myself about every 2-3 weeks now.  I still have reflux and take Prilosec OTC twice a day, and that keeps me in check.

As for my weight, I am just SO happy!  Prior to my first surgery, my goal was to be at 120.  And I am at 120 now, and have been hovering around 118-121 for over 8 months.  I've noticed some changes in my body as things settle out and I gain back all the muscle I lost while I was so underweight.  My biggest problem is I haven't made the time to really get into an exercise program yet and I'm feeling flabby with this extra skin.  I don't truly think I'll ever be happy with the skin, and will eventually want it taken off around my waist.  I'm hoping with exercise I could get my legs looking good enough to not need anything done there.  Problem is, I am still VERY surgery shy, and still WAY in debt.  So surgery would be WAY down the line if I ever feel up to it.  In the meantime, I try to reconcile my mind into being happy with myself just the way I am.  It's hard.

As for my eating, I can tell I can eat a bit more at a sitting now, but still usually never more than about 1/2 of anything served to me. And I'm fine with that now.  I still bring home leftovers and actually eat them.  As far as the foods I'm eating, I can eat anything with no problem.  No dumping, since I have all my intestines back absorbing again.  Luckily, I have lost my severe sweet tooth, and I'm not a fan of sweets and desserts like I used to be.  I'd rather have a nice turkey sandwich than a candy bar.

All in all, even though I lost a year to getting to my ultimate outcome, I am satisfied with my sleeve, the fact that food doesn't hurt me, my eating habits and built in portion control with my tiny stomach.  I'm SO glad I have my intestines back absorbing.  I feel NORMAL now!

And an update on Family...I'm still married to Henry.  He is a doll.  We had our one year recommittment ceremony last July, and will be doing another one this July.  My kids are happy and healthy.  Henry has a great job as an electrician and I still have  my same job in HR.  They actually held my position for the 5 months I was off. 

I finally got the insurance company to pay for my 2nd surgery on appeal, so those bills were taken care of.  What a relief!  I still have major debt for living for 5 months without pay, and Henry without work for 6 months.  But we are making a dent now that he has a good job.

I can't complain.  Life goes on as NORMAL and I don't think much about the fact that I went through this.  It's so nice that it isn't in the forefront of my thoughts all the time like it was.  I think the further I get away from my revision, the better I will continue to feel, and heal.  

Sorry I've been so absent.  I do hope everyone here is doing well.  I have some catching up to do.

~Kim~ , 202-start/125-goal/124-current
           MGB 11/15/06, Revision to Gastric Sleeve 11/30/07

VALORIE1
on 3/1/09 10:33 pm - TRINITY, NC
Kim,

So good to hear from you!  Glad you are physically better after all you went through.  Looks like you really have your life back on track.

I don't know if you were aware but Britt started a new group where we go for support.  It is called inspiration and you can find the invitation on the Nov 06 board.  Hope to see you there.  I know Britt will be thrilled to have you around.

Again, I am very happy you have recovered you life and health.

Hugs,
Valorie
Britt
on 3/2/09 2:46 am - Long Island, NY
Kim,

Glad to hear that things are continuing to move in the right direction. Great news. I am so happy your decided to join the group.

love your NEW avatar

see you there! 
hugs,
Britt

Nothing - tastes as good as it feels -to be at my ideal weight :)    
Lap RNY 11-6-06
at goal 10-6-07 - Attacking my regain 2013
                        Mommy to 3 princesses ~ Wife to Paul

I'm a "before and after" in OH magazine (January / February 2008)

(deactivated member)
on 3/24/09 6:19 am
Glad to hear from you!!!

I'm so glad that you are doing well now!

Most Active
Recent Topics
I'm late but I'm here
HEATHER B. · 0 replies · 580 views
WOW
katydidit64 · 0 replies · 689 views
Hi remember me
Britt · 2 replies · 740 views
Hi All
corinnaq · 1 replies · 804 views