Who's Gaining Weight Back?

Sheri A.
on 6/14/09 11:40 am
Thought I'd post here even though the boards are not active...I have been gaining weight back...at my lowest weight I was 127 and then sort of stayed between 130-135. Never thought I'd go beyond that and then the weight started to creep up...I am now about 141 with a BMI of 25 (overweight). I exercise at a gym abut 5x a week but I have to admit I am a grazer, snacker, nosher, etc. I still cannot eat much but I can eat more often. I keep thinking that my weight is stabilized now but I am unhappy with the way I look...others tell me that I was too skinnny before and now I look better but that doesn't make me feel better. Anyone who writes back I will be so appreciative.
Britt
on 6/19/09 3:47 am - Long Island, NY
Hi Sheri :) 

You are not alone :) I gained back some and HAVE TO KEEP AN eye on everything I eat or my weriught creeps up FAST! We started a new group please joine and we'll approved you right away. It is an active, supportive group. We'd love to have you :)

here is the link

i hope you join us

I think you are WISE to be concerned - You already know this, but the grazing is killing you. Stop that ( I knwo easiert saidthan done) and keep up on your gym routine, water and 3 suqre meals a day and you should be back where yu want to be :) 

hugs,
Britt

Nothing - tastes as good as it feels -to be at my ideal weight :)    
Lap RNY 11-6-06
at goal 10-6-07 - Attacking my regain 2013
                        Mommy to 3 princesses ~ Wife to Paul

I'm a "before and after" in OH magazine (January / February 2008)

Britt
on 6/19/09 3:49 am - Long Island, NY

Lap RNY 11-6-06

Sheri A.
on 6/19/09 5:15 am
Hi Britt:
Thanks for responding. I'm so glad I'm not alone. I am also glad there is a place to go and get support for my problems gaining weight back. I did apply to be part of the group. I can't wait to meet everyone!
Britt
on 6/19/09 5:19 am, edited 6/19/09 5:19 am - Long Island, NY
my co leader Melissa approved you - you should be able to join in an start posting :)

Lap RNY 11-6-06

CeCeXercises
on 6/19/09 10:24 am
Sheri,

Hello! I don't think I've posted in a year but I check to see if there are posts every once in a while. Glad to hear you are still exercising plenty - that helps! The grazing is a big issue with me too so I can sympathize. My husband travels a lot for business and I don't cook for myself so I just graze. Knock on wood, somehow I manage to keep my weight within about 3 to 4 pounds of 130. Believe me, even though I exercise like crazy I don't truly feel I "earn" that scale number! Because I have no hips, I'm still wearing size 4 pants and can wear all the clothes I bought last year but my personal shopper (my husband!) keeps picking out all these great clothes for me to buy so my closet is bursting but at least it's full of clothes that ALL fit me instead of the various sizes I used to have in there, many that I couldn't possibly fit into! 

Keep working on keeping the weight down, Sheri. Carbs are still my downfall. Even though bread makes me sick, I still eat it when I'm eating out. I cannot eat even a spoonful of rice but every so often I test that too. I know that the Edy's No Sugar Added Coffee ice cream KILLS me but I'm like an addict if I buy a carton and bring it home. My pre-surgery trigger foods are STILL my trigger foods. 

Try delaying the snack for 30 minutes and maybe you'll forget or tell yourself you won't eat it until after you've had a full glass of liquid. Go do something else. Walk away from the kitchen. If a food commercial is playing, switch the channel. I try to do all of the above but there are some days that I can be lecturing to myself as I'm preparing something I have no business eating so I know how you feel. Don't panic. Pick out ONE food that is your biggest trigger and put it off limits for a time. We used to say "baby steps." 

All I seem to read lately is WLS patients regaining but if we are to succeed, we simply have to follow the rules, or most of them, the majority of the time. It's what we signed on for. We just didn't think it would be so hard. Yet, I know that my thin 65 year old sister who looks 40 has ALWAYS watched her weight closely and refused to eat heavy carbs or sauces and ate tons of salads, baked fish and chicken and exercised every single day. I know it hasn't been easy for her either because she used to buy ice cream and keep it in her mother in law's freezer and eat it only when she visited her!!!! She didn't and still doesn't bring temptation into her house

While I'm posting, I'll report what's been going on in my life! I can't seem to stay away from doctors! I had shoulder surgery 8 weeks ago and the first three weeks I was in such horrid pain that I took over 100 pain pills. Thank God the last 5 have been better. I'm in physical therapy and don't have full use of my arm yet but am still at the gym doing cardio and lower body weights. I've been diagnosed with osteopenia - never thought that would happen but I've recently read that it is happening very frequently with WLS patients so if anyone reading this has not had their bone density tested, do it. I also had to have a breast biopsy and then a follow up mammo and will need to have one every six months. I had to have a CT scan of my neck which turned out to be the submandibular glands. They shifted perhaps due to weight loss according to one doctor but I believe it was a neck lift error. My SI joint is still a mess and I tried a chiropractor for a year after PT and even had a CT guided cortisone shot in it (watched it on camera). Next is a series of injections to try to "glue" the too flexible joint in place. In the meantime, I'm more or less addicted to sleeping pills to be able to sleep with the pain in my back. Oh, also a colonoscopy showed precancerous polyps. My sister (a different one but also thin!) had colon cancer in her 40s and my father had it too but later in life. My white blood cell count stays dangerously low and once my doctor called me while I was walking my dogs on a long trail and told me to get straight to the hospital to have another blood test because the one I'd had the previous day showed my kidneys were not functioning! The next was fine but then my liver enzymes were crazy. So, I feel like I have blood work almost every week!  What an adventure this has been! Following a trip to see family in California I spiraled into depression and am still taking a "weak" antidepressant (Wellbutrin). So, these are the reasons I haven't been posting but I do think of all of you and wish all of you the best in your continuing journey! Keep working hard, Sheri, and I know you look great but you know the weight you feel best at - you can reach it just be sure to give yourself a cushion! 
CeCe K.

Britt
on 9/11/09 1:54 am - Long Island, NY
Hey Cece :)

Nice to see you posting and it was great to read your update :)

I have an ONLINE SG / board

here is the link
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/In_spi_ra_tion/

We'd LOVE to have you !!!!!

hugs,
Britt

Lap RNY 11-6-06

Mary *.
on 7/22/09 7:52 am - TX
Please help!!!! I am gaining also and it scares the hell out of me! Revision RNY in 2006 went from 232 down to 118 with no problems but I was way to skinny so I purposefully went back up to 135 which was perfect for my build. I stayed there with no effort for over a year.Over the past few months I have started to gain. Now I am at 155 and getting very scared! I also have reactive hypoglycemia which popped up about 1 1/2 years after my surgery. It is dumping only no diarrhea. My blood sugar just drops 1-2 hours following eating and it not directly related to sugar/carb consumpsion. I have to have a snack a couple of hours after I eat or my blood sugar drops very low. Any and all comments will be greatly appreciated!
Mary
Mary

Sheri A.
on 7/22/09 9:11 am
We are about the same length of time post op. My weight was also low, about 127,wearing size 6's comfortably. Then went to about 135 and I was good with that, 3 lbs below the top level of healthy BMI. In the past year I have slowly put on about 7-8 more lbs. Considering gettting a TT, have a consult next week, I think it will make me feel better about all the flab on the abs and hip area. I do exercise alot but I do love to snack and eat every 2-3 hours. I don't have any answers except maybe following the 5 DPT or doing South Beach. Good luck to you and let me know of your progress. As for the hypoglycemia, I would speak to an endocrinologist about that...I don't have that problem, my blood sugars are too high and I am still a diabetic.
Mary *.
on 7/22/09 10:01 am - TX
Well it's nice to meet ya Sherry,
Thanks for responding. Since my post I have contacted my surgeons office and I am going to start going to the support group meetings again. I was lucky to have a surgeon with a great follow up program. Thanks for the endocrinologist suggestion. That is where I found out what was happening with my blood sugar. It is about as controled as it can be. I just have to treat the symptoms when they occur and make sure to eat when I feel hypo, but I sure wish I could cut out that extra snack after each meal.
It is nice to meet someone who had surgery about the same time as me. I am still amazed daily at how much it has changed my life. Do you still see someone every once in awhile that you haven't seen since your surgery and they don't even recognize you. It is even more fun now than it was in the beggining. Even at 155lbs I can chase my 4 year old with ease and I don't miss having to use my hand to push myself up when sitting or kneeling on the floor. What is the thing "silly little thing" you enjoy most about your weight loss. That might be a good topic to post just for laughs.
Have a great evening,
Mary
Mary

Most Active
Recent Topics
I'm late but I'm here
HEATHER B. · 0 replies · 587 views
WOW
katydidit64 · 0 replies · 697 views
Hi remember me
Britt · 2 replies · 744 views
Hi All