LOW IRON

Debbie8109
on 11/10/09 1:00 pm
HELLO ALL,
I HAD MY SURGERY 11/30/06 AND HAVE BASICALLY STAYED WITHIN 5 LBS OF MY TARGETED WEIGHT GOAL.  I HAVE NOTICED THOUGH THAT THERE ARE TIMES WHEN I CAN EAT A REGULAR PORTIONED MEAL AND THEN THERE ARE OTHER TIMES WHEN I STILL FEEL EXTREMELY FULL AFTER ONLY A FEW BITES.  RICE AND PASTA ARE STILL NOT MY FRIENDS. BUT THE ONE AREA THAT I'VE BEEN HAVING A PROBLEM WITH IS LOW IRON.  TAKING IT ORALLY 3 X'S A DAY DIDN'T HELP, SO I HAD TO GET INFUSIONS (IV).  HAVE HAD 10 TREATMENTS AND DR STILL NOT HAPPY WITH MY PROGRESS.  I STARTED AT A 5 AND AM NOW AROUND 9, ANY ONE ELSE EXPERIENCING THIS PROBLEM?  I'VE BEEN TOLD THAT I SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO GET OUT OF BED WITH A IRON COUNT SO LOW, BUT I FEEL FINE???????
Debbie 
Britt
on 12/3/09 9:19 pm - Long Island, NY
Wow that is weird!

I supplemented IRON after a nurse (RNY) friend told me about the importantce of watching my FERRITIN in my labs. I have heard once you go LOW with your iron, it is very difficult to get it back.

I invite you to join us in a more active group http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/In_spi_ra_tion/discussion/

And hope that you are feeling better soon :)

On the other hand feeling FULL after just a few bites, I am jealous!!!!

Nothing - tastes as good as it feels -to be at my ideal weight :)    
Lap RNY 11-6-06
at goal 10-6-07 - Attacking my regain 2013
                        Mommy to 3 princesses ~ Wife to Paul

I'm a "before and after" in OH magazine (January / February 2008)

Debbie8109
on 12/4/09 8:21 am
Hello Britt,

I tried to go to the site you suggested but something came up telling me that I was not authorized to do so???????  I haven't been back to see the hemo dr. since Oct.  I know putting it off is not helping the situation, but I feel fine.  I'm not exhausted or even tired while they are telling me my energy level should be very low.  I have an adaptable body so they say.  I plan on eating alot of spinach and returning to the dr after the holidays.  Glad to see that you are maintaining, have you found it to be more and more challenging to keep the weight off?
Debbie 
Most Active
Recent Topics
I'm late but I'm here
HEATHER B. · 0 replies · 580 views
WOW
katydidit64 · 0 replies · 689 views
Hi remember me
Britt · 2 replies · 740 views
Hi All
corinnaq · 1 replies · 804 views